Our Corporate Strategy aims to double the size of our business by 2020 while halving our environmental footprints. Every day, around the world, people drink cups of tea. Our brands are trusted everywhere and we've grown to become one of the world's most successful fast moving consumer goods companies.
Unilever values employee engagement and development by providing vital and relevant professional experiences. In Unilever, we give you a career.
Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited is a plantation company operating under Unilever Tea, East Africa (UTEA). UTTL employs over 5,500 employees whose safety and security are very important to the business.
We are currently looking to hire 2 Finance Officers for our Tanzania business. This role will be office based and requires candidates with knowledge for the job. If you are looking for a career in Unilever then you are the person we are looking for.
JOB TITLE: Finance Officer – (1 post)
REPORTS TO:Finance Manager - Grow Africa
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Finance Officer is to support the Grow Africa agenda for Unilever. As a member of the Finance team, he/she will partner the Grow Africa leadership team through Finance Manager – Grow Africa and General Manager Njombe & Outgrowers.
The Finance officer will:
Support Finance Manager in the delivery of Njombe and Outgrowers projects by ensuring establishment of adequate financial controls and timely preparation of periodic reports.
UNILEVER TEA TANZANIA LIMITED
Drive performance cultures in relation to Accounting and Control; financial planning and Execution, Risk Management etc
Partner with General Manager and Outgrowers Services Officer to understand and apply the drivers of the growth model.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements for Njombe Business Unit and Outgrowers.
- Preparation of projects progress reports.
- Delivery of sharper analytics and challenge for performance improvement
- Capitalize on opportunities to collaborate with the customers finance team on joint Finance initiation
- Shape portfolios by providing financial insights across projects
- Fully integrate financial management tools to build an analytics which create greatest value.
- Interpret and analyze operation reports to inform UL expansion strategies.
- Lead the translation of MOG and Njombe KPI’s to derive joint growth opportunities and applications.
- Understand and translate end to end value chain analysis to generate higher value activity planning and counterparts with the out growers.
- Identify and dial up win-win via profitability analysis.
Information Management & Reporting:
- Utilize proficiency in global systems to synthesize Unilever and competitive information and drive insights back into business strategy.
- Support the development and drive business partner usage of Enterprise Support Information tools.
- Ensure that the culture of using information to drive performance management is well established within the business
Control & Accounting:
- Challenge inefficiencies and indicate drivers.
- Ensure integrity and control in primary and secondary sales and stocks position
- Ensure integrity and control across accrual/ payment process.
- Use relevant competitive benchmarks (financials, shadow P&Ls) to identify savings opportunities and/or areas under leveraged.
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferably Accounting/Finance/business Administration
- CPA level II
- 5 years experience in financial, operational and business partnering roles
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure.
- Ability and drive to work independently and lead diverse teams.
- Experience of working in multi-national teams and/or virtual team environment.
- Knowledge of computer packages
All applications should be sent to the address or email below on or before 09th May 2016.
Eligible candidates are required to submit detailed CV with names of three referees and an application letter.
Dar es Salaam