Salary Bracket: 1500-2000 USD gross + incentive + car/petrol/medical
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Our client is a leading Breakfast Cereal Manufacturer in Africa, producing high Quality Breakfast Cereal that has surpassed consumer’s expectations for years. Our client has a strong hold in Africa having been in business for more than three decade with their brands commanding the largest market share.
The Country Sales Manager - will be responsible for providing operations leadership to maintain and grow the company’sretail market share and sales in line with Client’s vision of attaining strong leadership positions across categories and regional markets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all matters related to the design and implementation of new sales channels in traditional and non-traditional markets in order to grow sales and increase market share. Some of the key areas of responsibility will include:
• Working with the HQ & National Distributors in Tz to establish effective route-to-market strategies.
• Development of Right Product Pricing & product Launch Strategy
• Determining price points and discount rates for range of products being sold.
• Competition tracking, consumer survey to develop effective competitive strategy.
• Periodic detailed channel & product wise update on sales performance to HQ.
Distribution channel management:
• Coordinating sales distribution by establishing sales territories and goals.
• Appoint &Develop sub distributors & regional distributors
• Managing whole-sell distribution channel
• Listing and distribution in Superites and 2nd tier Modern trade channel.
• New channel / outlet recruitment
• Daily tracking & monitoring sales performance
Modern Trade & Trade Marketing Management
• Listing, engaging and developing modern trade managing key account relationships.
• Selecting and managing external agencies.
• Planning, managing & executing all Trade related activations for the brand with accurate & timely budget reporting
The Country Sales Manager reports to The Head of Regional Sales, Weetabix East Africa and manages:
• Trade Marketer
• Distributors and the key accounts.
Desired Profile of the Candidate:
· Local Tanzanian with strong knowledge of Tz and local culture.
· Age : 28-35yrs
· Education : Graduate, preferable Post graduate in Management
· Current profile as Area Sales manager / Country Manager
· 7-10 yrs experience in FMCG industry ( non-beverage / non telecom) – P&G, Unilever, Cadbury, Reckkit, Kelloggs, Nestle
· Must Experience of Managing Retail Distributors and 2nd tier Modern Trade channel
o Preferred: if he also has experience in managing Modern Trade Channel
o Preferred: if has trade marketing experience
· Experience of working both in Dar-e-salaam and upcountry markets (Arusha / Moshi)
· Strong Analytical skills to calculate pricing, promotions and track business results.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Country Sales Manager 1500 - 2000 USD gross) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th February 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted