TANZANIA NATIONAL PARKS
Tanzania National Parks (TANAPA) is a Parastatal organization charged with legal mandate to manage and regulate the use of areas designated as National Parks so as to preserve the country’s heritage of natural and cultural resources in Tanzania. The mission of TANAPA is therefore to sustainably conserve and manage park resources and their aesthetic values for the benefit of present and future generations of mankind and provision of high class tourism products and services. In order to efficiently carry out this mission, TANAPA is seriously looking for highly qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies:-
1. VETERINARY OFFICER (1 POST)
Reporting Relationship : Reports to Chief Park Warden in the
Duty Station : Any of the National Parks
Bachelor Degree in Veterinary Medicine from a recognized Institution. Must be computer literate..
At least two years of working experience in the related field.
(iii) Key Responsibilities:
• Establish a reliable and sustainable reporting and recording system of field cases.
• Investigating and monitoring disease outbreaks affecting wildlife in the ecosystem.
• Overseeing research related to wildlife disease in the ecosystem.
• Conducting intervention and rescue of sick, injured or snared wildlife;
Providing veterinary expertise and supervising authorized research scientists on animal handling, immobilization and sampling;
Collaborating with the Community Conservation Services and neighboring Veterinary Department in offering services to local communities;
• Conducting lectures, seminars and workshop to organized group;
• Participating in planning and budgeting for veterinary activities.
• Preparing veterinary reports on all cases and operations attended as well as collecting and analyzing field data for publications; and
• Performing any other duties related to the field as may be assigned by superior
(v) Age limit: : Not above 35 years of age
(v) Salary Scale : TANAPA G.7
2. PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES TECHNICIANS GRADE I (15 POSTS)
Reporting Relationship : Reports to Procurement Officers
Location : Any of the National Parks
Holder of Diploma/Foundation Stage Level II offered by the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB) or equivalent qualifications. Must be computer literate.
(ii) Key Responsibilities:
• Custodian of Stores;
• Maintaining stores ledgers;
• Updating stores records and bin cards;
• Receiving and issuing goods;
• Maintaning stores loan records;
• Preparing weekly procurement and stocks issues summary
• Maintaining Fixed Assets Ledger;
• Ensuring safety and cleanliness of stores;
• Performing other related duties assigned by a superior
(iii) Age limit : Not above 35 years of age.
(iv) Salary Scale : TANAPA G.4
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only qualified persons should submit their hand written letters of application with copies of relevant academic, school leaving and professional certificates, copy of Birth certificate and testimonials so as to reach the undersigned before or by 02nd June, 2011 at 1600HRS. Applicants are also required to indicate the
names and contacts of at least two referees.
NB: Applicants are advised to keenly observed the stipulated job requirements as applications which do not relevantly meet the respective will not be considered.
TANZANIA NATIONA PARKS
Te: 255 27 2503471/2501930 – 31
Fax: 255 27 2508216
TANAPA is an employer of equal opportunity