The Evidence & Learning Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Team has over 10 staff spread across 6 countries on four continents. These staff members require Global Centre administrative and project management support. This position will provide intensive support to the Senior Director, M&E - Evidence & Learning including management of the Senior Director’s correspondence, schedule and logistical concerns, team work plan and reports.
The administrative specialist will be the single administrative point of contact for all the M&E Team members and is responsible to: engage with team members specific administrative questions, issues or problems, support them directly in tasks that can best be performed centrally, and provide clear guidance, in the form of brief ‘how-to’ guides and ‘help-desk’ style support, on tasks that can best be performed by individual staff members. The administrative specialist will also assist the team with drafting and formatting communication and results dissemination materials such as reports and Power-point presentations, DME data analysis, document review and drafting reports.
- Manage e-mail and schedule for Senior Director, M&E:
- Review and categorise e-mail involving high-level internal and external contacts and exposure to sensitive information, necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Compose letters, reports and memos, including responding to routine mail using appropriate content and format. Compile, format, produce, sort and/or distribute mail/reports in an accurate and timely way.
- Maintain calendar and assist in scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Maintain E&L M&E team calendar(s).
- Manage team work plan, budget and follow up for timely completion.
- Prepare contracts, MOU.
- Administrative support to portfolio of M&E Team members:
- Respond to specific administrative questions, issues or problems of global portfolio of assigned staff.
- Available to assigned staff members by e-mail and phone during agreed upon hours.
- Respond to administrative questions/issues with solution, plan or escalation to Finance and Support Manager, within 24 hours.
- Classify administrative task requests as ‘central’ or ‘individual’ according to E&L administrative strategy and provide appropriate support (see below).
- Perform complex and diverse administrative central tasks as described in the Sustainable Health administrative plan.
- Process payments for consultants, vendors and purchases, as well as creating Pre-Approvals.
- Perform key projects using initiative and judgment and/or coordinate assigned projects (including issues such as hiring, onboarding and orientation of staff).
- Support in drafting and /or formatting presentations and reports; DME data analysis, literature and document review and drafting reports.
- Others as defined by the Senior Director M&E.
- Provide clear guidance, in the form of brief knowledge guides and ‘help-desk’ style support – from central group knowledge base - on tasks that can best be performed by individual staff members.
- Use initiative and judgment to connect assigned staff with resources to help them quickly and efficiently perform tasks.
- Identify and report gaps in central group administrative knowledge base and processes and work collaboratively with team members to develop solutions and knowledge guides to fill those gaps.
- Timekeeping Use P&C forms and systems to track vacation and sick balances of assigned staff.
- Consultant contract & invoice processing Complete approved boilerplate contracts and amendments, process for signature, process payments ensuring proper coding, and track payments in accordance with contract terms.
- Meeting Support - in person and virtual Coordinate virtual and face-to-face meetings for global staff, accommodating multiple time zones.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- BA degree in administration, human resources, public health, social science or other related fields preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities may also be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training, though some college preferable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer service skills and proven flexibility to work well with others with diverse personal styles.
- Excellent personal task and time management skills.
- Normal office software experience, e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail, web License, registration, or certification required to perform this position.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Knowledge of M&E.
- Knowledge of international development.
- Additional software experience: Microsoft SharePoint, WebEx, other online collaboration and meeting software a plus.
- Executive e-mail and scheduling experience.
- Experience communicating with senior executives.
- Experience in multi-cultural environment, accommodating for multiple time zones.
Working Environment / Conditions:
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.
Click here to apply for this job - Administrative Assistant
- Two Reginal Coordinators
- Community Support Officer
- Field Accountant
- Loan Field Officers
- Country Manager - TamuDeals
- Facilities Officer - FINCA
- Broadcast Journalist (video) BBC Swahili Service