The Africa Climate Resilience Fund (ACCRF) finances projects and programmes that help vulnerable communities in Africa adapt to climate change. Initiatives are based on country needs, views and priorities.
The Community Support Officer (CSO) builds and maintains proper relationships between ACCRF and the local community, thus ensuring that project activities meet the needs of the people.
The CSO also mobilizes the community and raises awareness on any programme activities.
Acts as focal point for the community
- Mobilizes (Prepares) the community, ensuring that target beneficiaries are fully informed about and involved in decision making in all stages of the programme planning and implementation
- Plans, organizes and coordinates sensitization activities (Forums, campaigns etc.) for awareness raising among the community about all programme components (software and hardware) before and during implementation period
- Designs and implements capacity-building trainings among the community to help them realize their potential in management and hence take ownership of their development projects.
- Organises workshops and focus group discussions in order to work out an acceptable contribution of the community towards various programme components
- Coordinates establishment of community projects management committees where it is required
- Manages Agriculture and Rain Water Harvesting systems’ contributions: Receives money from ACCRF, keeps proper records and surrenders it to administrator on Monthly basis.
- Academic background in Development studies, Community development, Social work or other relevant field (Diploma and above)
- Previous work experience of at least three years of community liaison/mobilization and sensitization as well as work experience with pastoralist communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to diplomatically manage the relationship with local stakeholders and the community at large
- Readiness to work and live in a remote location under difficult circumstances; physical and mental strength
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of French/Kiswahili/Portuguese/Arabic would be an asset.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
How To Apply:
If you believe you meet our consideration, please email us your letter of application alongside a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees, email and day-time telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Community Support Officer
- Field Accountant
- Loan Field Officers
- Country Manager - TamuDeals
- Facilities Officer - FINCA
- Broadcast Journalist (video) BBC Swahili Service
You can also get to know 50 COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS with Answers Or How to write a good career objective in your CV