To provide technical support in designing, implementing and monitoring Livelihood/Agriculture, WASH and Education Private Non Sponsorship (PNS) projects.
Must provide technical and facilitative leadership to producer groups and ensure Dream Village Project (DVP) interventions are aligned to WVT strategy and relevant TPs implemented in Lake Eyasi AP in Integration and implementation of Tanzania Empowerment ADP Model (TEAM), by ensuring that allocated programs/project resources are used as per WV Strategy, WV policies, donor standards and procedures to attain the Child Well Being outcomes.
Must also communicate and observe World Vision's Christian ethos, core values and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take part in designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of livelihood, WASH and education PNS Projects.
- Assist the project coordinator to coordinate marketing activities (photos, video recording, donor visit preparation etc.
- Collect and compile livelihood and education PNS project information for monthly, quarterly and annual accomplishment reports.
- Take part in planning, facilitating and conducting trainings for Dream village project.
- Take part in the documentation of best practices and lessons on livelihood and education project implementations.
- Assist the coordinator in developing and updating monitoring and reporting formats.
- Engage in the preparation of quality Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials in collaboration with Lake Eyasi AP team.
- Participate in livelihood, education and WASH related workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
- Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required:
- Bsc. Agronomy, Bsc. Crop science and or Bsc. Horticulture, Bsc. Agriculture general
- Minimum of 2 years related working experience in organic farming.
- Msc. Soil science , Msc. Crop science, Msc. Applied Agriculture Economics, Msc. Agricultural economics and relevant working experience in an International Organization
- Proposal writing and business planning.
- Community mobilization and facilitation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the leading agribusiness sector in Tanzania, value chain development and market systems.
- Ability to work with farmers to improve depleted soil to qualify in good agricultural practices, to improve yields and households income.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact, maintain relationships with all levels of staffs, donors, colleagues and partners in a multi-cultural selling.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Skills in programming and Experience with donor funded projects; experience with World vision is added advantage.
- High integrity.
- Networking and influencing skills essential for Partnering and engaging with stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Report writing skills.
- Highly reliable and dependable.
- Passion for children.
- Computer skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field.
- Travel: 40% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 15%
Apply for this Job
Application Deadline Date 13-Jan-17
Also Find other jobs advertised on Jobstanzania here
1. Underground Production Engineer
2. School Feeding Associate - 2 Posts
3. Women Empowered (WE) Support Officer
4. Driver - 2 Posts
5. Programme Manager
6. Ventilation Engineer
7. Administrative Assistant
8. Interior Designer
9. Senior Manager - Liability Growth
10. Two Reginal Coordinators
11. Community Support Officer