Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients. We currently have over 70,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 750 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below in our Medical Department
Position: Credit Controller
The Credit Controller’s primary responsibility is to ensure the company credit control framework, guidelines and policies are adhered to well as continuously improve the company cash flow position through outstanding dues collection and customer liaison.
The jobholder is expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
1. Provide a detailed analysis report of debtors every week showing utilisation, bad debts and balance for each fund.
2. Account for all premiums received in form of transfers, cash, deposit slips, Mpesa payments and cheques
3. Confirm all transfers, deposit slips, cash, Mpesa payments received in accounts Custodian and issuer of all receipts, receipts books, and issued cheques
4. Proper and timely recording of all clients bounced cheques and replacements and authorize the suspension and reinstatement of clients’ cover in relation to bounced or replaced cheques
5. Meet cash and Debtor day targets as set by the firm
6. Handle billing disputes and negotiate with clients/brokers/agents to bring payments within agreed terms.
7. Provide accurate advice on billing queries
8. Ensure all customers/clients are invoiced
9. Maintaining credit balances for all funds and ensure timely demands for fund top-ups ensuring timely demands for top ups.
10. Manage and follow up recovery of all pay and invoice bills, over the limit & exclusion claims as processed by claims department
11. Ensure resolution of bounced cheques within the month and suspension/termination of the policy if not well managed.
12. Manage credit control notes and premium refunds
13. Check and approve commission payments monthly
14. Follow up for overdue accounts with the use of debt collectors and terminate defaulters after 60 days non payment
15. Respond promptly and completely to both clients and internal inquiries
16. Undertake customer & suppliers account reconciliations as required.
17. Undertake debtor’s reconciliation between Actsure and Sage systems.
18. Prepare accurate and compete debtor aged listing with comment for management discussion by Monday of every week.
19. Send out monthly client statements/letters as maybe required from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Knowledge & Experience Required
⦁ Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Finance or Accounting
⦁ CPA (T) or ACCA certification
⦁ 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
⦁ Knowledge of Credit control and management
⦁ Excellent communication skills at all levels
⦁ High confidentiality and Integrity
⦁ Good analytical and problem solving skills.
⦁ Good time management and organizational skills.
⦁ Good supervisory skills
⦁ Good keyboard skills and competency of Word, Excel and outlook are required
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly email your:
1. Application letter
2. Updated CV listing three references
3. Expected remuneration package
4. Availability should you be offered the position
By COB, Tuesday 28th February 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure that you quote the position in the email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To find out more about Resolution Health log on to www.resolution.co.tz
My Health, My Life, My Resolution