NORC at the University of Chicago (NORC) is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations in the United States pursuing high quality social science research that serves the public interest. NORC’s core competencies include designing and conducting rigorous impact evaluations of development projects; developing survey instruments; conducting analytic research; statistical sampling; data preparation, collection, cleaning and management; and developing survey-associated information technology. INPRO implements several on-going research projects throughout the world and has developed close collaborative relationships with researchers, survey firms, and policy think tanks in numerous countries. NORC has also worked extensively throughout sub-Saharan Africa, including in Tanzania.
About the Position
NORC is seeking an Evaluation Advisor for the USAID/Tanzania-funded Data for Development Project. The goal of the project is to support improvement of data-driven decision-making, planning and implementation for USAID and its partners, through the provision of evaluation, performance monitoring, and capacity building services. We are seeking someone who will work full-time over a 5 year period based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- The Evaluation Advisor will provide support in designing, implementing, and utilizing performance and impact evaluations, sector assessments, baseline surveys, evaluation methodologies, and research methodology.
- The Evaluation Expert must have experience in balancing the statistical validity requirements of rigorous design and the real world conditions of activities on the ground, which require creative and un traditional designs.
The Evaluation Advisor should have:
- a graduate degree in international development, economics, social science, statistics, or a related field
- at least than five years of demonstrated experience in evaluation, assessment and/or research design and implementation, including expertise in developing experimental and quasi-experimental designs to evaluate international development programs;
- at least three (3) years of supervisory and organizational management experience in a multi-cultural setting;
- fluency in written and spoken English is required; and
- Kiswahili language skills are also desired.
Interested candidates should email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by February 22, 2017.Please use the following subject line in your email: “Tanzania D4D Application –Evaluation Advisor.” Please also contact us at this email with any questions or clarifications.