NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally.
NORC is seeking an Evaluation Specialist for a large USAID monitoring, evaluation and learning Support Project who will work full-time over a 5-year period based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Project will provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) technical support to USAID, design and conduct impact and performance evaluations, using mixed methods, and other studies; design and conduct data collection (quantitative and qualitative); strengthen knowledge management and build M&E capacity of USAID and implementing partners.
The Evaluation Specialist will contribute to mixed method performance and impact evaluations. Responsibilities will include design of rigorous evaluation designs, with well thought-out research questions and associated indicators; questionnaire development; key informant in-depth interviewing; managing survey data collections, reviewing data, preparing datasets, analyzing quantitative or qualitative data to measure program impact and implementation performance, and report writing. The evaluation specialist must have strong grounding in evaluation methodology, as well as familiarity with one or more of the following sectors: gender equality and women empowerment, family planning and reproductive health, women and youth employment, nutrition and food security, agriculture, Health, infrastructure, education, environment, tourism, water and sanitation, economic growth, democracy and governance.
- University degree in sociology, economics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field;
- a minimum of five years of work experience in M&E, including design and implementation of impact and/or performance evaluations.
- Experience working in an M&E role on a USAID project and familiarity with experimental/quasi-experimental design impact evaluations preferred.
- Applicant should have strong English reading and writing skills; fluent English and Kiswahili are required.
- Tanzanian nationals are preferred.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should email a CV and cover letter to Tesfaselassiefirstname.lastname@example.org by February 22, 2017.
Also Check out our Tanzania Job Seeker Tips