Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style. As Part of implementing its Organizational Structure, TAA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following vacant posts.
POSITION: ACCOUNTANTS – 03 POSTS
WORK STATION: TAA – Headquarters and Songwe Airport.
The successful candidates will report to the Airport Manager for Songwe Airport and the Principal Accountant at TAA Headquarters and will be responsible for the functions mentioned herein below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Maintaining cash (main) and prepare monthly summary,
- · Doing bank reconciliation.
- · Verifying payment vouchers.
- · Maintaining general ledger and preparing trial balances.
- · To reconcile control accounts with subsidiary ledgers.
- · Maintaining subsidiary ledgers such as debtors, and creditors’ ledgers, fixed assets register and Journal book.
- · Supervising accounts assistant activities.
- · Preparing monthly summary of all subsidiary books.
- · Performing any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution, with computer knowledge on accounting packages and should be registered with the National Board for Accountant and Auditors (NBAA).
REMUNERATION: TAA SCALE 5
Age Limit: Not more than 40 years of age.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having
reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the
CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should
route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiv. Dead line for application is 06th June, 2013 at 3:30 p.m
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xix. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Dead line for application is 06th June, 2013 at 3:30 p.m