Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style. As Part of implementing its Organizational Structure, TAA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following vacant posts.
POSITION: AIRPORT OPERATIONS OFFICERS - 05 POSTS
WORK STATIONS: Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA)
The successful candidates will report to the Manager Operations at Julius Nyerere
International Airport (JNIA) and will be responsible for routine inspection of the usability of airport infrastructure and landing aids, providing facilitation, passenger comfort and upkeep of facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Carrying out routine inspection of the maneuvering area and apron to ensure safety and serviceability of infrastructure and landing aids.
- · Ensuring quality services and serviceability of facilities to airport users in the Terminal Building and Public Areas.
- · Supervising operations in the Terminal Building and Public Areas including upkeep and information services.
- · Ensuring upkeep of Airport airstrips (grass cutting, open drainage and cleanliness).
- · Performing any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Economics or Public / Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution and must be computer literate.
REMUNERATION: TAA SCALE 5.
Age Limit: Not more than 35 years of age.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however,
should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having
reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the
subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which
will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the
CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should
route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.
45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiv. Dead line for application is 06th June, 2013 at 3:30 p.m
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xix. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING
ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Dead line for application is 06th June, 2013 at 3:30 p.m