Commercial Bank of Africa Tanzania Limited was established in 1962 and one that is offering wide spectrum of banking products and services. Commercial Bank of Africa Tanzania promotes equal employment opportunity and provides a conducive and challenging work environment for existing and potential employees to fully realize their potential. The bank now wishes to recruit qualified and, highly motivated individuals to fill up the following vacancy:
Position: Internal Auditor
Reporting To:Internal Audit Manager _Business & financial Risk
The purpose of this role is to ensure protection of shareholder's interest through ensuring effective implementation of the bank's risk management policies & procedures in line with its overall strategy. Compliance to Bank's Operations process and Procedures Manual and adherence of bank-wide internal control procedures so as to minimize loss due to inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems.
- Participate and contribute in the risk assessment-process for target audit areas and documentation of results as guided by the Team Leader.
- Prepare audit plan for specific audit assignments and implement in consultation with Team leader, to ensure completion within agreed schedule
- Develop, in liaison with the Team Leader appropriate audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable.
- Draft, in concurrence with the Team Leader, suitable management letters reporting on key control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements, among others, on those areas audited.
- Complete audit assignments delegated by the Team leader according to the agreed plan.
- Carry out the identified continuous monitoring reviews and report on the results at the 'agreed intervals.
- Work together with our External Auditors on annual confirmation of customer accounts balances and bank wide end of year cash count and compile a report on this exercise.
- Assist in follow up and disposal of cleared audit issues logged from. previous audits.
- University Graduate preferably in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration.
- Qualified as CPA, ACCA or equivalent. Banking professional qualifications an advantage.
- Technical and work experience - Having served in the internal audit function of a commercial enterprise for at least three years or in the operational area of a medium to a large size bank for the same period and, one year" of internal audit experience. Alternatively, having been trained with a professional firm of practicing Accountants for at least two years.
- Personal attributes: Initiative, self-drive, hard work, maturity, oral and written expression, good team player, acceptability or ability to get along well with others.
How To Apply:
If you are interested, and ready for great challenges, please send your application letter enclosing full Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, three names and addresses of referees one of whom should be from current employer, by 28th May 2013
Address your applications to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Human Resources
2nd Floor, Amani Place -Ohio Street
Dar es Salaam
We thank all those who will show interest in working with us, but regret we will only be able to contact short listed candidates.
Deadline: May 28, 2013
Sources: Daily News May 16, 2013