Position: Director of Finance
UMATI is a leading NGO that provides Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services including Family Planning and HIV/ AIDS in Tanzania.
Being a member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), UMATI is non-profit, non-partisan organization operating in the United Republic of Tanzania through a network of Clinics, Youth Centers and a large number of about 1,500 Community Based Service Providers (CBSPs). UMATI has a very close working relationship with the Government, Developing partners, NGOs and the Communities.
UMATI is looking for a dynamic and professional Tanzanian to fill in the following vacant positions of Executive Director and Director of Finance.
Responsible to: Executive Director
Management of Financial matters of the Association to fulfill its responsibilities through effective plans and motivated staff within the approved policies and budget and to give full support to the daily activities of the association.
- Develop and implement financial systems and procedures designed to safeguard financial resources and provide accurate and timely management information
- Ensure maintenance and security of the association's properties and assets
- Prepare budget and periodic reports for submission to higher authorities
- Prepare regular reports to external stakeholders and NEC
- Produce annual accounts and accompanying financial statements
- Recommend effective and efficient financial systems and developing plans to coincide with strategic objectives
- Maintain a sound accounting system and safe keeping of all supporting records to ensure an effective system of control is operating
- Ensure that financial expenditure and revenue is monitored against approved budgets and financial targets and timely corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Holder of Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance Holder of CPA,ACCA, ACA or its equivalent
- Registered with NBAA as a certified-Public Accountant Minimum of 7-8 years working experience at Management level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to work under pressure in meeting strict deadlines
- Must be computer literate
- An effective communicator fluently both verbally and in writing, Kiswahili and English
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Willing and able to travel extensively within and outside Tanzania on UMATI business
How To Apply:
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward application letter to The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 1372
Dar es Salaam
Deadline: Aug 16, 2013
Source: The Guardian August 2, 2013