Position: Executive Director
UMATI is a leading NGO that provides Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services including Family Planning and HIV/ AIDS in Tanzania.
Being a member of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), UMATI is non-profit, non-partisan organization operating in the United Republic of Tanzania through a network of Clinics, Youth Centers and a large number of about 1,500 Community Based Service Providers (CBSPs). UMATI has a very close working relationship with the Government, Developing partners, NGOs and the Communities.
UMATI is looking for a dynamic and professional Tanzanian to fill in the following vacant positions of Executive Director and Director of Finance.
Reporting to: National Executive Committee (NEC)
Lead, Direct, Develop and manage all functions of UMATI and provide technical-support to Volunteers in developing policy, direction and implementing them, ensure associations' integrity and represent the corporate interest.
- Provide corporate leadership, image and identity
- Advise NEC on policy formulation and implementation
- Implement the decisions of NEC within the set budget to ensure effective management of the Association
- Establish adequate rules and regulations for efficient control of assets, liabilities and financial activities.
- Prepare work programmes, budgets and periodic reports
- Oversee staff management i.e Recruitment, Remunerations, Appraisals, Development, training and disciplinary matters
- Ensure that the role and participation of volunteers in the association is encouraged and developed
- Liase with International and local agencies to-promote the image of the association
- Mobilize funds from Donors to improve the financial capacity of UMATI
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to safeguard the assets of the association
- Masters degree in Demography, Public Administration, Sociology, Economics, Business Administration or its Equivalent.
- At least 10 years working experience in similar activities
- Able to manage diversity, develop and sustain a winning team
- Results and performance driven with commitment to realization of the Association’s Strategic Objectives
- An effective communicator fluently both verbally and in writing Kiswahili and English.
- Willing and able to travel extensively within and outside Tanzania on UMATI business.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward application letter to The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 1372
Dar es Salaam
Deadline: Aug 16, 2013
Source: The Guardian August 2, 2013