WomenCraft is a community-driven social enterprise operating from Ngara, Tanzania.
WomenCraft’s mission is to increase economic opportunity in the post-conflict tri-border area of Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi by bringing rural women together, facilitating their growth and connecting their artistry to the global marketplace. Through WomenCraft, over 300 artisans advance themselves, raise stronger, families, stimulate their communities and inspire the world around them.
This is an ideal opportunity for you gain experience in Accounting and Bookkeeping for a not-for-profit social enterprise while gaining hands-on, real-world, international experience that will make a difference in the lives of women in East Africa.
WomenCraft creates sustainable livelihoods for women by promoting their traditional skills in the production of fair trade products. As women develop their income, they need assistance to develop or improve their accounting skills to manage this growing income. WomenCraft also needs assistance to implement new ways of improving the financial management of the organization.
Expected Projects and Skills Learned:
- Teach women entrepreneurs basic accounting skills;
- Work one-on-one with women to help them understand and create budgets and financial plans to achieve their goals;
- Help WomenCraft with various accounting projects that improve the financial management of the organization;
- Carry out basic accounting processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, grant accounting, internal auditing and bank reconciliations;
- Work closely with Deputy Director to create monthly financial reports and financial workflows;
- Build the capacity of local staff members by providing training to help staff effectively manage their projects.
• Proficiency in Quickbooks
• Undergraduate degree or concentration in Accounting or Finance
• Experience with capacity building and training
• Detail oriented
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and make contributions as a member of a team
• Previous international travel, especially in the developing world, a plus
• Ability to live and work in a remote environment
• Interest in fair trade, refugees and/or international development
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate dates of availability.