On behalf of the The National Food Reserve Agency (NFRA), the Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts
POSITION: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – 1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage and supervise the work of the Finance and Accounts section;
· Review periodically NFRA accounting policies, procedures, controls and guideline;
· Ensure duty roster complies with working standards;
· Review standards required by Regulatory Bodies;
· Coach, mentor and guide junior Accountants;
· Advise on financial matters on a daily basis;
· Follow up presentation of monthly financial reports from zonal office and review them in order to maintain control;
· Approve daily recurrent expenditure;
· Prepare annual liquidity plan and budget;
· Participate in preparation of annual plans and budget;
· Prepare and submit quarterly financial performance reports;
· Prepare books of accounts including Agency financial statements for annual audit;
· Follow up implementation of Auditors report and recommendations and
· Perform any other related duties as per the requirements of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Masters Degree either in Finance or Accountancy, CPA (T), Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent qualifications.
· Must be registered by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice.
· Must be computer literate with advanced knowledge of Integrate Financial Management Systems and Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAATs).
· Work experience of not less than twelve (12) years out of which five (5) should be in senior position at a reputable organization.
· Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale. NFRASS 11 (ie. Tshs 3,130,000/= per month which is fixed)
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC.45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 12th November, 2013 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar es Salaam.