TANROADS is a Semi - Autonomous Agency responsible for maintenance and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland, implementation of roads safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector. It is also mandated with a responsibility of conducting Axle Load Control Operation using Weighbridge.
The Regional Manager's Office TAN ROADS - Kigoma, on behalf of the Chief Executive , TANROADS, intends to recruit suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following various vacancies in the Region on contract terms [Renewable subject to satisfactory performance] in order to improve effectiveness and efficiency in road Maintenance and axle load control operations in the Region.
Successful applicants must be ready to work on assigned office work accordingly. Only successful applicants will be notified to attend the interview. Applicant who previously works on weighbridge should not apply for these Vacancies.
A: Key Qualification
- Holder of full Technician Certificate in Civil Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC), (Higher qualification will be advantageous).
- Must be computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Application)
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Not above 35 years of age.
- The holder of this post who reports to shift in charge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing road Traffic Axle Load Control by use of weighbridge scale Devices.
- Carrying out activities as described in the road traffic [maximum Weight or vehicles]
- Regulations, 2001 which include the following:
- Weighing motor vehicles gross vehicle weight [GVW] > 3.500kg plying on our public roads.
- Imposing road damage fee on the spot for overloaded motor vehicles.
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for determining compliance or non - compliance with vehicle dimension limits by the transporter for provision of relevant advises. '
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity.
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift to the shift in charge
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the shift in charge/Regional Manager.
All interested qualification Tanzanians applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than 31st December, 2013. Copies of certificates, and their contract addresses, telephone number [s], and postal address. Only the short - listed candidates will be contracted and. overqualified applicants will not be considered.
Please apply to:
Regional Manager TAN ROADS
P.O BOX 97 -Kigoma
TEL: NO. 028 2802564
FAX: NO. 0282804165
Source: Daily News November 27, 2013