Bank of India is a leading Public sector Bank in India and completer 107 years in 2012. It has network of more than 4000 Branches in India and 52 Overseas Branch/Offices almost in all continents of the world. Bank of India opened its subsidiary in Tanzania and started actual operations in Dar es Salaam in June 2008.
We are looking for young, energetic and committed Tanzanians to fill up the following vacancies for its Head office in Dar es Salaam.
Position: Risk/Compliance Manager (One Post)
Bachelors Degree in Banking, Accountancy, Finance etc
Good analytical skills or experience in preparation of various Risk Management Reports for the Board and various Committees of the Board
Excellent skills using spreadsheets, experience with Accounting software packages and Risk Management & Compliance related.
Candidates should have at least 2 to 3 years experience in Bank/Financial institutions in the relevant field.
- Effectiveness of Risk Management Units infrastructure & s~1tems (Policies, Processes, Procedures & tools) in achieving compliance requirement, optimal efficiency, resource utilization and cost containment.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and playing a key influential role towards the formulation of Industry Policies and standards in Iiason with regulatory authorities.
- Preparation of quality risk management reports to various management committees.
- Risk associated with all products and services offered by the Bank will be covered for the assessment/management of risks.
- Define and develop the analytical tools needed to measure risk including performance measurement, methodology and key performance indicators.
- Facilitate a comprehensive view of the Banks risks aligned with the Banks strategy and opportunities.
- Design and implement system enhancements (for existing systems) and new Risk Management systems.
- Design and implement business processes tied to the Risk Management mission and objectives.
- Minimize the probability of inappropriate losses due to various risks the Bank is exposed.
- Maximize expected return through more optimal capital allocation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Eligible candidates may submit their application for above mentioned vacancies to the Managing Director. Candidates are required to enclose their detailed CV including contact numbers, date of birth, name and addresses of three referees and attached copies of Certified Professional and Academic Certificates to the below address not later than 10th January 2014.
The Managing Director
Bank of India (Tanzania) Ltd Maktaba Street
P.O. Box 7581
Dar es Salaam
Source: The Guardian 24th December, 2013