Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) is a National Oil Company dealing with oil and gas exploration, development and production. The company is based in Dar- Es –Salaam.
The Corporation has open vacancies for professional Tanzanians in the following disciplines:-
POSITION: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II- (Four Posts - Mtwara)
Administers community developments and social work activities throughout the Corporation
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare community development plans
· Participate in community and social development activities
· Identifying community skills, assets, issues and needs
· Developing new resources in dialogue with the community and evaluating
· Building links with other groups and agencies
· Helping to raise public awareness on issues relevant to the community
· Participate in Corporate Social Responsibility
· Liasing with with interested groups and individuals to set up new services
· Undertaking general administrative duties
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by superiors.
Holder of a degree in Sociology, Social work and Community Development
from a recognized institution with 1st class or upper 2nd class. OR
Master’s degree in the relevant field, and working experience in related field
will be an added advantage.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
· Knowledge of computer applications
AGE LIMIT - Not more than 35 years.
According to TPDC Scheme of service in the salary scale of TPDC- PS 1.
MODE OF APPLICATION
· Interested and suitable candidates should ensure that their applications along with their curriculum vitae, indicating current telephone contacts are received by 14th February, 2014.
· Photocopies of relevant certificates and one recent passport size photograph should be attached with the hand written application letter.
· All application should be directed through Postal Services, Hand Delivery will not be accepted
· Each applicant should indicate two names of referees.
· Each applicant should indicate the Number and Title of Job Position applied
for and preferred Work Station on the envelope and in the application letter.
· Applicant should not apply in more than ONE position
· All Applicants holding foreign universities certificates should attach TCU
· Application without relevant documents will not be considered.
· Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Failure to observe any of the above conditions, the application will not be considered
For more information visit www.tpdc-tz.com
TANZANIA PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION,
BENJAMIN W. MKAPA TOWER A,