Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Tanzania Program Vacancy
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Working station Dar es Salaam
Reports To Human Resources Officer
CRS Tanzania is seeking for a qualified HR Assistant who will be responsible with day to day HR duties such as; supporting HR Officer in recruitment activities, processing staff bank loans, preparing and renewing employee contracts, update employees’ personnel files to ensure that all data are up to date, and ensuring medical insurance coverage is reflected to the policy.
Responsibilities General HR Management:
1. Works closely with Human Resources Officer and hiring managers,
overseeing strict compliance with CRS/Tanzania recruitment and hiring policy and procedures.
2. Ensures that job vacancy announcements are posted in-house and externally in a timely fashion.
3. Collects applications and prepares preliminary short lists, communicates with hiring manager and invite applicants, arranges interviews and participates in the interview process (if necessary), do reference checks, as delegated by the HRO.
4. Prepares employment contracts based on the standard contract template, for CR’s approval.
5. Ensures the staff exit procedure (e.g. termination, completion of exit forms, retrieval of CRS property, issue certificate of services, etc.) are completed and a copy of the signed exit form is filed in the employee’s personnel file.
6. Assists the HR Officer in facilitating, coordinating and managing the overall CRS Tanzania Performance Management systems and processes.
7. Creates a performance management checklist and keeps track of performance objectives, assessments and coaching sessions to ensure that all mangers have submitted the performance objectives to HR; coaching and performance assessments are performed on time according to the agency performance management policy and procedure.
8. Ensures that all staff personnel files are updated.
9. Maintains confidentiality of employees’ information, and keeps sensitive employee information and records in safe and secure place.
10. Assists employees and the management with routine personnel issues as the first point of contact for employee/employment related issues.
11. Ensures that international staff VISA, Work permits, CTA, dependant permits etc, are obtained in a timely fashion.
12. Assists other departments as needed to organize CRS social events
(planning, budgeting, and implementation) such as Family Day, New Year’s party, Staff party and other festivities.
13. Perform any other assignments/duties that might be assigned from time to time by immediate supervisor and the Head of Operations.
1. Maintains systems to manage all staff benefits: leave, housing and
transportation, health insurance, NSSF (pension scheme), and other
2. Monitors CRS’s insurance program/policies to ensure that all eligible
employees have signed up for the insurance coverage and that only
eligible dependents are covered.
3. Acts as liaison between the health plan provider and CRS employees.
4. Oversees the reconciliation of health plan monthly eligibility reports
provided by the medical insurance company against CRS records.
Knowledge, skills & Experience
- Advance diploma/Diploma in Human Resources Management, public administration or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the field of HR and Administration with international NGOs and or UN agencies.
- Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent English and Swahili language skills – both written and verbal.
- Able to prioritize work, be able to work independently, do multi-tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail oriented.
- Be computer literate, especially in Word Processing, Excel Spreadsheet, Outlook and data base management.
- Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness.
- Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Capable to work in a multi-national/cultural environment.
Application Submission Deadline is 24th February 2014
If you are interested and meet these minimum qualifications, please send your CV and
application letter to the below address:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 34701
Catholic Relief Services
Dar es Salaam.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org