T-MARC Tanzania is a non-profit, Tanzanian, non- governmental organization working to improve public health and promote social well being. Our social products and behaviour change communication initiatives target vulnerable, at risk and low income populations and address infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS and malaria, family planning and reproductive health, child survival, water and sanitation and nutrition. We are seeking to recruit candidates for the following positions.
Position: Logistics Manager
Supervisor: Operations Director
Supervise: Drivers, Logistics Attendants
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Under the Operations Director the Logistics Manager provides logistical support to management and technical departments and works closely with other support staff team to ensure uninterrupted provision of services to the Organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and manage transport system for the organization.
• Assist the Operations Director in the budgeting for vehicle and capital/equipment acquisition, operation
and running costs.
• Responsible for preparation of scope of work for service contracts, participate in their evaluation process and monitor performance, ensuring there is no overspending and their renewals are done on timely manner.
• Maintain accurate records of vehicle and generator running costs, including repair and maintenance, change of tyres, fuel, and provide monthly reports to management.
• Recommend disposal and replacement of vehicles and equipment.
• Responsible to ensure organization policy is kept updated for vehicle usage and if changes are required make recommendations to the Operations Director for consideration.
• Allocate drivers to vehicles and assign duties in such a way that travel trips are distributed evenly, ensure the vehicles are operated in a safe manner and are driven defensively to prevent injuries and property damage.
• Ensure vehicles are in good running condition, making sure they are properly serviced and maintained and that their log books are regularly updated and maintained.
• Stay abreast on the technology for efficient fleet management, including software for vehicle security, data management and production of reports.
• Responsible for obtaining vehicle and equipment licenses and insurances and their renewals on a timely manner.
• Institute and enforce safety measures, such as wearing seatbelts when travelling in Organization’s vehicles, no smoking policy in offices and vehicles, fire extinguishers in the cars and offices, triangles in cars, spare tyres, and similar measures.
• Ensure all drivers and those employees authorized to drive must have valid and current drivers’ licenses to operate Organization vehicles. A copy of the valid and current driver’s license shall be maintained in the employee’s personnel file.
• Guide drivers and those authorized to drive official vehicle on steps to take in cases of accidents.
• Ensure the generator is in good running condition, well serviced and is always on standby in the events of electricity cuts or low voltage.
• Responsible for provision of office utilities including water and electricity and office consumables (stationery, tea, coffee, sugar, etc).
• In conjunction with the finance unit ensure utility bills (water, electricity, telephones) are paid promptly.
• Responsible for repairs and maintenance of office premises and equipment, and the cleaning of office and surroundings and ensuring doors are opened on time.
• In consultation with Executive Secretary and ICT Administrator, arrange workstations for visiting consultants, visitors, donors’ and partners’ staff and others ensuring they get access to necessary facilities for their work, such as printers and internet.
• Responsible for timely procurement of mobile airtime top ups to staff per approved schedule.
• Serve as Custodian of office and vehicle keys.
Required qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in business administration with specialization in logistics and transportation or its equivalent from a recognized higher learning institution, or
- a diploma from the National Institute of Transport with At least 3 years of work experience in fleet management and logistics.
- A Master/Postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience working with donor funded organizations
• Skills in presentation of facts, analyses and interpretations
• Problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to build relationships and good teamwork skills.
• Planning, organisation and time management skills.
• Ability to interpret financial data estimate costs.
• Knowledge of safety policies and regulations.
• Honest and possessing a high level of integrity.
• Willingness to work on call.
How to Apply:
Candidates who fully meet the requirements should email a cover letter indicating the title and location of the desired position along with a detailed CV, certificates, including a daytime telephone contact and three professional references to:
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Deadline for submission is February 16, 2014.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. T-MARC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.