Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Senior Manager International Banking Operations (1 position) to join the Technology and Operations team. The work station is International Banking Operations Office under Operations
Reporting Line: Chief Manager Operations
Locations: Dar es Salaam
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff Regulations
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Checking of all transactions pertaining to International Banking Operations' office Settlement of transactions between TPB and other banks,
- Checking and reconciling on all accounts falling under International Banking Operations' Office
- Making of inquiries related to confirmation and settlement with counter parties
- To check reports relating to International Banking Operations and ensure all transactions are done as per laid down Policies and Procedures.
- Signatory to documents to be sent outside the International Banking Division
- Authorising Officer in the SWIFT/TISS System
- Final checking on Accounting/Reconciling for every item which appears in the statements of Accounts/General Ledgers
- RMA-Relationship Management Application -- Manager on SWIFT system
- In liaison with Treasury to Fund Foreign Accounts according to current Manuals and Procedures
- In liaison with Credit Department to open Letter of Credit to customer wishing to import/export goods according to procedures in place.
- Trainer of Foreign Exchange, Trade Finance and Fund Transfers related products
- A link between the Bank and other Banks in terms of fund transfer both Local and International
- To initiate Correspondent Banking Relationships with reputable Banks and ensure smooth
- business relationship with existing such Banks is maintained accordingly.
- To see that Nostro/Customers queries are attended promptly and correctly
- Explain to customers how they can receive/send money to TPB Customers
- To answer questions posed by other banks regarding sending/receiving money through TPB
- In liaison with branches to observe that WPA Accounts are being reconciled
- In liaison with branches to see that transactions for Western Union are posted correctly and accounts are reconciled timely
- Ensure that International Banking related existing products,any newly introduced in the market, are operated competitively, including compliance to existing Laws and Regulations of the Territory and Partner Banks worldwide
- Introduce new product channels in the Bank, to meet and exceed Market demands, while observing Internal Policies and Procedures, including compliance to existing Laws and Regulations of the Territory and Partner Banks worldwide.
- Any other managerial duties as may be assigned to him/her from the Bank's higher authorities
• Customer – Service Delivery/Enquiries
• Efficient and Quality Service to Customers
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Customer Satisfaction
• Individual Productivity and Turn around time
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor's degree/Advanced Diploma in Banking, Economics,
Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting from any recognized University or
Associateship Diploma, from Tanzania Institute of Bankers, will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 - 3 years of relevant Banking Experience.
- Working knowledge of Equinox Functionality
- Computer literate is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: email@example.com. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in any way be attached during application.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management. Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
If you are not contacted by Tanzania Postal Bank within seven (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward your applications before 2nd September, 2014