Tanzania Cotton Board is a regulatory body established under the Cotton Industry Act No.2 l! of 2001 whose functions are provision of regulatory, development and promotion services W to the cotton industry in Tanzania. The Board is looking for qualified, young anq dynamic Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant position - Planning Officer
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
- To participate in the preparation of strategic Plans;
- To participate in the analysis and evaluation of information gathered. To assist in the assessment of systems clientele needs.
- To take part in analysing programme loads and implementation techniques. To find out operational efficiency of the board using costs and other indicators.
- To participate in preparation of sectoral policy by collecting data from stake holders, harmonizing and incorporating them in the Board's plan;
- To assist interpreting and analysing data for plan formulation.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Economics, Educational Planning, Statistics, Planning or equivalent from a recognised University/lnstitution.At least three years work experience in related fields.
- The candidate must have good communication skills, fluent in English and Kiswahili, self-motivated individual and must be computer literate
Shall be according to the Board's Scheme of Service
Mode of Application
Application accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three (3) referees should be submitted to the:-
The Director General Tanzania Cotton
Dar es Salaam
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the date of an interview.
Deadline: 14th October,2014
Source: Daily news, 30th September 2014