Tanzania Cotton Board is a regulatory body established under the Cotton Industry Act No.2 l! of 2001 whose functions are provision of regulatory, development and promotion services W to the cotton industry in Tanzania. The Board is looking for qualified, young anq dynamic Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant position - Senior Accountant (1 Post)
Duty station: Mwanza
Duties & responsibilities:-
- To prepare accounting systems
- To check accuracy of financial reports
- To analyse and recommend on the Financial and management reports on budget, income and expenditure
- To verify accounts receivables To prepare Fixed Assets Register
- To cross check cheque list-against voucher list To control and monitor expenditure.
- To respond to Audit queries
- To monitor and controls corporate plan and budget Prepares and update pay roll and data sheet.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or Commerce from recognised University/Institution with CPA (T), ACCA and any other recognised professional qualifications.
- At least five years of working experience.
- The candidate must have good communication skills, fluent in English and Kiswahili, self-motivated individual and must be computer literate
Mode of Application
Application accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three (3) referees should be submitted to the:
The Director General Tanzania Cotton
Dar es Salaam
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the date of an interview.
Deadline: 14th October,2014
Source: Daily news, 30th September 2014