Tanzania Cotton Board is a regulatory body established under the Cotton Industry Act No.2 l! of 2001 whose functions are provision of regulatory, development and promotion services W to the cotton industry in Tanzania. The Board is looking for qualified, young and dynamic Tanzanians to fill in the following vacant position - Senior Driver(1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
- To drive vehicles towards approved destinations and in accordance with traffic regulations;
- To undertake minor mechanical repairs,
- To take vehicles due for routine maintenance/repair to the appointed service agent; To maintain motor vehicle log books;
- To make pre-inspection to the assigned vehicle prior travelling and report mechanical damages/defects;
- To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times;
- To ensure that valid documents and permits are acquired prior commencement of any journey;
- To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicles to the relevant authority.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Holder of Certificate of Secondary Education with class "C' valid driving license of not less than three years without causing accident and should possess Trade Test Grade 11/ Drivers Grade II Certificate from a recognized Training Institution.
- At least five years work experience in related fields.
- The candidate must have good communication skills and self-motivated individual.
Shall be according to the Board's Scheme of Service
Mode of Application
Application accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three (3) referees should be submitted to the:-
The Director General Tanzania Cotton
Dar es Salaam
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified on the date of an interview.
Deadline: 14th October,2014
Source: Daily news, 30th September 2014