Position: Assistant Accountant
Employer: TRA Savings and Credit Cooperative Society
Purpose of the position
To assist accountant in executing accounting activities by complying with TRA SACCOS Financial Regulations, Expenditure Accounting and Operational Manuals, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
- Bachelor's degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or equivalent certifications from recognized institutions.
- A minimum of year related-working experience.
- Assisting the accountant in preparation of periodic reports which include Bank Reconciliation Statements, Income Statements, Loan Reconciliation Statements and Cash Flow & liquidity analysis.
- Preparing all payments after being approved by relevant authorities.
- Computing Cheque amount for loan disbursement prior cheques writing.
- Maintenance of Cash Book on daily basis.
- Maintain petty cash Imprest.
- Filling and Controlling Of all accountable documents of the office.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations in
- preparation and submission of all relevant statutory requirements.
- Adhere to Internal Controls, Financial Policies and Procedures in order to monitor, control and eliminate operational risks.
- Ensuring timely compilation of monthly reports.
- Process members' refunds.
- Preparing of monthly staff payroll.
- Collect bank statements, Bank Pay-in-Slips and other documents from banks.
- Dispatch cheques to bank and suppliers for loan disbursement and suppliers payments and maintain cheque register.
- Follow up to ensure collection of receipts for cheques dispatched to suppliers .
- Peforming any other duties that may be assigned by your supervisors from time to time.
Age limits: The applicant must be of age between 25 - 30 years
Terms of Employment
The incumbents will hold the position for three (3) years renewable contract based on Performance after a proven probation period of six (6) months.
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications within 14 days after first appearance of advert, including a well written application letter, a detailed up to date, One (1) current passport size photograph and copies of all academic and professional credentials enclosed in an envelope marked with the applied position on it to:
TRA Savings and Credit Cooperative Society
5th Floor, Mariam Tower, Shaurimoyo Road
P.O. Box 63225,
TRA SACCOS is an equal opportunity employer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. If you do not hear from us within 14 days after the deadline, consider yourself unsuccessful.
Details: Mwananchi, 24 November , 2014
Deadline: 8th December, 2014