The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzania people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants from serious, self-motivated, and honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post at Mtera Hydro Power Plant.
Attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
- Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
- Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
- Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines
Civil Technician – 1 Post
Reports To: Civil Engineer
To ensure that all scheduled activities related to civil works at the plant are carried out effectively and efficiently.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare weekly maintenance Schedules and depict them on notice board for subordinates to realize the works has to execute daily.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of all civil structure is executed as per schedule and that emergency breakdowns are attended timely.
- Make sure that maintenance record sheets are filled daily after execution of maintenance (both PM & Emergency breakdowns) works.
- Ensure availability of adequate tools for civil maintenance.
- Initiate RTPs and SIVs for regular needs of materials and spare parts. Also you will be responsible to initiate appropriate works orders (CWOs and R& M) as per approved budgets and forward them for approval and authorization. .
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness and good appearance of all plant buildings, i.e all plant offices, power house, staff houses and other related surroundings.
- Observe safety regulations when carrying out maintenance duties so as to avoid injuries or fatal accidents.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills you must posses
- Form IV or VI secondaryÂ Certificate
- Holder of FTC or Ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution
- Transcript or Examination Result not accepted.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
- Computer literacy is a must
An attractive compensation package base on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your work experience and for the position as well as work referees. Electronic applications are accepted.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert;
First Appearance: 11th November 2014
Applications Deadline: 25th November, 2014
Phone calls, walk in soliciting for these positions will automatically lead to disqualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
MTERA HYDRO POWER PLANT,
P. O BOX 1