Railway Children is currently recruiting a Community Social Worker
Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
- Formal qualifications in social work or the equivalent in working experience
- Family worker with own case load of community target families and women's self help groups (Vicoba) - with the focus being and preventing children from going to the streets. Responsible for working directly with families and coordinating all support and services for each family case or self help group.
- Identify and document specific needs in families in accordance with support available (agriculture, school, vocational, business) and refer to relevant social worker.
- Assessment, monitoring progress and goal setting with each family
- Build positive relationships with families and children Provide therapeutic support
- Liaise closely with street workers or centre staff in co-managing caseloads
- Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders relevant to family (neighbours, village, social welfare etc)
- Street outreach work to meet with children in case load who are in the streets
- Keep case files updated with continuous follow-up information of children and families
- Monitor and evaluate the family reintegration work together with manager
- Plan family work and support together with each family Form and facilitate women's self help groups in target communities, regularly attend meetings, provide training in entrepreneurship, facilitate provision of grants and loans
We anticipate a high demand for these posts and regret that only candidates short listed for interview will be contacted
please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining how your experience meets the responsibilities outlined in the job description and person specification. Please mark your application for the attention of Wendy Brawn and provide details of your current salary and your salary expectations should an offer be made.
Email to: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday, 26 November 2014