DCB Commercial Bank Pic is a Private Commercial Bank listed in the DSM Stock Exchange in 2008. The Bank wishes to recruit qualified personnel to fill the following vacant position resulting from the implementation of the expansion programs taking place.
Position: Internal Auditor
Ensure audit of all branches, departments, products are conducted as per approved plan and any other duties assigned from time to time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: FINANCIAL AUDITING:
- The employee shall work with the Chief Internal Auditor on preparing a comprehensive Audit Plan each financial year for submission to the Board through the Audit Committee
- Assisting Chief Internal Auditor in auditing quarterly, half yearly and annually the Bank's books of accounts at Head Office
- Specifically scrutinizing the Bank's loan portfolio to ensure that they have been granted according to the Bank's policy and the Bank of Tanzania Prudential Guidelines
- Planning, Organizing and carrying out the audit snap checks of books of accounts, cash in tellers tills and strong room as may be directed by the Chief Internal Auditor
- To work with support of the Chief Internal Auditor on ensuring that the Bank's internal Control System and other checks are adequate and are effectively being implemented
- Verifying regularly the Bank's fixed assets against the asset register to ensure that it is always up to date.
- Assisting the Chief Internal Auditor to carry out detailed audit of the Bank prior to the commencement of the external audit
- Scrutinizing the bank's monthly Profit and Loss Account vouchers, balance sheet and other periodical returns.
- Attending to any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor
ADMINISTRATION AND FOLLOW UP:
- Reviewing the bank's internal control systems and other checks regarding Head Office and the Branch and suggesting corrective measures as is necessary
- Coordinating, controlling ad supervising duties and functions of the Internal Audit
- Following up implementation/rectification of BOT Examiners ad External Auditors recommendations/queries
- Submitting internal Audit Reports to the management and the Audit Committee of the Board
Ensuring that the safety and security of all bank assets is maintained all the time
Assessing all Risks In the operation and recommend remedial measures
Attending to any other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Audit Committee board of Directors.
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Behavior and individual attributes
- Dynamic and self starter
- Committed to results
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Change oriented
- Strategically aware of the business environment
- Personal integrity
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree majoring in Accounting or its equivalent
- 3 years relevant experience
Applicants should indicate their contact addresses including telephone numbers. The last days of receiving applications are on 23rd November 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be sent to the following address;
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
DCB COMMERCIAL BANK PLC
P.O BOX 19798,
DAR ES SALAAM.