The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzania people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants from serious, self-motivated, and honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned post at Mtera Hydro Power Plant.
Attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines
Light Current Artisan 1 Post
Reports To: Electrical Technician
Responsible for execution all planned maintenance works of Telecommunication system in plants, grid, distribution substations and offices, with objective of ensuring smooth operational communication within plant.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute properly preventive maintenance of electronics/telecommunication equipments in a planned time to ensure emergence breakdown are avoided.
- Respond promptly to emergence calls during emergency break downs to ensure restoration of fault equipment within minimum time possible.
- Participate in performing commissioning of new installations as per required standards to ensure proper system operations.
- Keep maintenance records, equipment status updating and observing reporting system to ensure a good data base and communication system.
- Observe safety regulations and working procedures to ensure accidents to people and equipment are avoided.
Key Knowledge, Experience and Skills you must posses
- Form IV or VI Secondary Certificate
- Holder of Trade Test in electronics from VETA or anyÂ recognized institution.
- Transcript or Examination Result not accepted.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
An attractive compensation package base on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your work experience and for the position as well as work referees. Electronic applications are accepted.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 14 days after initial appearance of this advert;
First Appearance: 11th November 2014
Applications Deadline: 25th November, 2014
Phone calls, walk in soliciting for these positions will automatically lead to disqualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
MTERA HYDRO POWER PLANT,
P. O BOX 1