Railway Children is currently seeking for a Volunteer Street Worker – Youth
Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Kivuko Project - Railway Children Africa
Formal qualifications in social work or the equivalent in working experience
- Assist the youth team to deliver the “youth association model” aiming to help youth to become rehabilitated, find a sustainable livelihood and leave street life.
- Make contact and build positive relationship with youth living on the streets
- Participate in weekly youth groups meetings, and share minutes and issues raised from the meetings; provide quick response to the urgent matters arising, report on youths progress and challenges
- Assist staff during training's and workshops for business and capacity building to the youth
- Listening and being responsive to the needs of youth on the streets; providing emotional support
- Together with team, continuously strategize and prioritise in the delivery of youth work; maintain weekly reports
- Maintain positive relationships with street workers from other organisations and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist youth team in setting up contracts with colleges, individual craftspeople and companies to receive youth/family members for training placements or employment. Maintain relationships with placements.
- Together with youth worker and business support staff, organise trade choosing workshops when needed
- To assist in the professional development of assigned beneficiaries with the objective of them becoming employed or self-employed in a certain trade
- Monitor and document progress of individuals in placements and report back to the assigned family worker or youth worker
- Assist in documentation and data entry
please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining how your experience meets the responsibilities outlined in the job description and person specification. Please mark your application for the attention of Wendy Brawn and provide details of your current salary and your salary expectations should an offer be made.
Email to ;- firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday, 26 November 2014