Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Banking Operations Officer to join the Technology and Operations team. The work station is Dar es Salaam.
Reporting Line: Branch Manager (BM) or Branch Operations Manager (BOM)
Locations: Operation Unit
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Guide prospective customers who come over the counter for enquiries.
- Coordinate all counter activities while ensuring that quality service is provided to customers.
- Receive Cash and Cheque deposits
- Posting Transactions
- Verify teller proof of cash and teller proof of cheques against actual documents by ticking and signing the printouts.
- Scrutinize internal vouchers to ensure that they are properly drawn and authorized in line with the approval limits.
- Handle Foreign Exchange Transactions
- Cross sell Banks Products to Customers
- Affixing photographs in new/continuation customer pass books
- Correspond with Cards custodians on issues relating to ATM cards, check reports in order to solve customer complaints.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor/BFO from time to time.
- Comply with the Policies and standards, Local laws and Regulations, Controls and Procedures of the Bank.
- Report Suspicious Transactions
- Ensure you comply with Money Laundering Prevention as per Bank Policy, Know your
- Customer(KYC)/Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Issue new passbooks and ID cards to new customers.
- Scrutinizing and short casting customers passbooks before making payment on customer’s accounts
- Computing and charging commissions, interest and all other bank charges on customers.
- Fill delivery notes/registers for items moved from one office to another by post of dispatch.
- Balancing teller’s cash at the closure of business daily.
- Check and sign back-office entries raised by the respective clerks/tellers.
- Prepare Bank reconciliation statement timely and accurately.
- Reconcile and clear all suspended transactions
- Filing/bundling records for safe keeping in the record rooms.
- To serve customer effectively
- Posting transactions
- Coordinate all counter activities while ensuring that quality service is provided to customers
• Customer – Service Delivery/Enquiries
• Efficient and Quality Service to Customers
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Customer Satisfaction
• Individual Productivity and Turnaround time
• Minimum Cash Differences
• Accuracy of Transactions Postings
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree/Advanced Diploma in Banking, Economics, Commerce,Business Administration, Finance, Accounting from any recognized University or equivalent qualification.
- At least 1 - 3 years of relevant Banking Experience
- Working knowledge of Equinox Functionality
- Computer literate is desirable.
(i) Ensure quality services to customers
(ii) Collection of all commissions, fees and charges at 100%
(iii) Increase of transactions and Deposit values as per strategic plan
(iv) Daily Days work balanced, verified and signed
(v) Ensure adherence to TPB core values
(vi) Reconcile all accounts and prepare required reports
(vii) Compliance with service delivery standards
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits.
How To Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not
in any way be attached during application.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to
environmental, health and safety Management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward your applications before 18th December, 2014