Our Client is looking for competent candidates to fill the following position:
The Cashier provides last-desk customer service by taking payments from customers in exchange of goods or services. They are expected to greet customers as they arrive, provide them with information regarding products and direct them to the right department.
The Candidate applying for this position is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Skilled in providing prompt and friendly customer service
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of operating cash register and maintaining cash drawer
- Well versed in performing monetary transactions such as giving and receiving change
- Able to maintain knowledge of current product location
Qualifications & Experience
- O’Level with mathematics
- Bookkeeping course will be an advantage
- One to two years of related clerical experience which includes at least six months' experience in counting, receiving, or disbursing money
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Good communication skills for interpersonal communication and public presentations
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- The Company will provide on the job training for new staff who have not experience and may have a supervisor nearby to help.
- However, previous retail experience and being able to do basic maths is an added advantage.
TIME FRAME/START DATE : Immediately
WORK STATION: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th December 2014
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position name on the subject line e.g. “Cashier Application."
NOTIFICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS
Only shortlisted Candidates will be invited to participate in an interview.