Our Client, a local bank with 15 branches with offices operating in Tanzania, dealing with Banking Services is currently looking for a Chief Internal Auditor to manage its company in Tanzania. This is a senior position and the incumbent will be based in Dar es Salaam.
Function/Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Department: Internal Audit
Term: Open Ended
Reporting to: Board of Directors Audit Committee/Managing Director
Immediate Subordinate(s): 4 Internal Auditors
- The prime role of audit is to provide independent assurance to the Board and Management that:
- The Bank’s plans, policies and principles have been communicated, implemented and are working as intended;
- Risks have been identified and there are effective and efficient systems of internal controls over all aspects of the Bank’s business and operations.
- Provision of an objective appraisal of the financial and operational activities of the Bank.
- Reviewing compliance with existing policies, plans and procedures, accounting standards.
- Reviewing compliance laws and regulations, and contractual obligations.
- Reviewing existence and compliance of operational manuals by all users
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing policies and/or providing advice in the formulation thereof, when necessary.
- Reviewing compliance to Tax Law, NSSF Act and other regulatory requirements.
- Organising for internal audits based upon an annual audit plan or by special request by management.
- Identifying the relevant operating and financial risks that affect the organisation
- Assessing the likelihood of occurrence and the potential impact on the organisation of the risks identified
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, application and efficiency of operational business-processes and controls to mitigate potential risks and/or detect their occurrence
- Determining that corporate assets are properly accounted for and safeguarded from loss.
- Performing operational reviews and appraising the economy, efficiency and effectiveness with which resources are employed.
- Determining whether results of operations are consistent with established and approved budget.
- Continuously appraising subordinates on their performance
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree majoring in Accounting and CPA (T) or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience at a senior management level in the banking or financial sector
- Sound IT knowledge
- ICT Audit
- Perfect presentation skills
Behaviour and individual attributes
- Dynamic and self starter
- Committed to results
- Problem solver and ready to develop and train others
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Change oriented
- Strategically aware of the business environment
- Open thinking with breadth of vision and ability to challenge status quo.
- Firm in decision making
- High level of Integrity
Please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org