Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Chief Manager |Branches - CMB (1 position) to join the Directorate of Technology and Operations .
The person will be responsible to manage overall performance of branches in terms of set sales, services delivery and operational aspect. Responsible for the daily operation activities at branches as per the laid down procedures and regulations.
Reporting Line: Director, Technology & Operations (DTO)
Locations: Head Office, Dar es Salaam
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Competitive Remuneration
Main Purpose of the Job
- To ensure that banking operations are conducted in conformity with the laid down operational procedures, policies, BOT Guidelines and Regulations and generally accepted banking practices.
- Ensure that branches play a major marketing role of the bank's services to customers
- Ensure effective supervision of branch operations so that internal control principals are not compromised
- Ensure implementation and monitor compliance in relation to money laundering preventio(AML and KYC) as specified by the policy and local regulations
- To ensure that the branches attain sustainable growth in deposits, loans and revenue targets in conformity with the strategic/annual plans
- In consultation with the Human Resources department to ensure that all branches, are managed and staffed by competent personnel
- Perform regular management audit/snap checks of branches so as to ensure branch operations are conducted as per the laid down policies and procedures.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of suspense accounts and general ledgers across the branch network
- Make follow ups on internal and external audit reviews and ensure that audit findings at branches are minimized year on year.
- Ensure that services offered by our a gents are up to the required standard and that excess deposits are remitted in full and on time.
- In consultation with supplies department ensure that branches are supplied with adequate
- controlled/uncontrolled stationery items and other operating equipment.
- In consultation with the Directorate of Finance, ensure that branches are supplied with adequate cash to meet day to day operations and that adequate security precautions are in place with regard to cash and other sensitive bank documents/assets
- Make follow up on customer complaints at branches and ensure that these are minimized and attended on time.
- Carry out on the job-training and other trainings for staff at branches with support from Human
- Conduct performance appraisal discussions with branch managers and ensure that the agreed targets are achieved
- Ensure strict adherence to operating procedures as provided in the relevant Operating
- Manuals. Also propose revision of the manuals, where necessary
- To formulate and ensure implementation of the branches annual plans and that Branches expenditure are within the approved plans
- In consultation with Research and Planning Department to initiate opening more branches and networking of TPC Offices as envisaged in bank's Corporate Plan
- Ensure that bank reconciliation statements are submitted timely by branches to the relevant Head Office Directorates.
- Ensure that Business Impacts Analysis documents 9BIAs) and Business Continuity Plans
- (BCPs) for branches are in place and up to date.
- To ensure that the subsidiary ledgers are posted and balanced daily (where ever possible)
- and that the same are reconciled against the main General Ledger accounts
- To carry out periodic staff evaluation for immediate sub-ordinates and co-ordinate the
- evaluation of other staff
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by Director of
- Technology & Operations and other higher offices.
As set down in TPB's and procedures for a position at a Chief Manager Branches
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Masters/Postgraduate Degree in Business Administration,, Banking, Finance or
- equivalent qualification from recognized university .
- At least 5 years' experience in the Branch operations and management role experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in management of staff including Performance Management System,
- Change Management etc. Experience in developing policy and procedures and promoting
- acceptance and understanding by line management and employees. Sound knowledge of
- banking regulations and best practice.
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Strong influencing skills
- Performance orientation
- Hold employees accountable
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work under pressure
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are
invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not
in any way be attached during application.
Tanzania Postal Bank i an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental,
health and safety Management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the
following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and
Please forward your applications before 15th December, 2014