UZIKWASA is a non-government organization that operates in Pangani District, Tanga Region. In the 10 years since its inception, UZIKWASA has established a dynamic relationship with the local communities through integrated programs in HIV/AIDS, Gender, Transformative Leadership and Culture. UZIKWASA’s innovative model grass root interventions include a multimedia rural communication campaign with integrated media that foster an ongoing community dialogue on key development issues. UZIKWASA runs its own community radio station Pangani FM 107.7 which is a key component in UZIKWASA’s communication efforts. The radio is also a part of a comprehensive impact and process monitoring system. UZIKWASA is looking for a committed, highly motivated and energetic Tanzanian for the position of a Radio Editor
- S/he is expected to inspire and lead a team of journalists and program makers into a new era of creativity and supports them through strengthening their capacity in radio programming.
- Supported by the radio station manager s/he provides competent leadership in the production of high quality radio programs that re-enforce UZIKWASA overall program focus, reflecting community priorities and ownership.
- S/he provides and receives feedback and encourages critical and constructive output reviews.
- This also involves working closely with the UZIKWASA program team and monitoring team in the development of a dynamic and innovative radio content through the delivery of interactive programs that stimulate and maintain a continuous community dialogue about pressing development issues.
- The applicant has strong editorial judgement and strong organisational and networking skills.
- S/he is capable of setting deadlines and meeting them and s/he is confident in working with a creative team and able to lead others to develop their full capacity.
- S/he encourages innovativeness and creativity in program design.
- This includes ability to provide and receive feedback and facilitate critical and constructive output reviews. S/he is keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation and s/he is able to “think out of the box” realising the special role that the radio has in the delivery of UZIKWASA grass root interventions.
- A recognised journalism qualification and experience in quality training courses.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in radio programming.
- Advanced computer skills including familiarity with common editing software such as Adobe audition are a requirement as well as proficiency in Kiswahili and English (written and spoken).
Send hard copies(!) of your C.V and at least two letters of reference; a statement of not more than one page on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; UZIKWASA is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: January 15th 2014.
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 1,