The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) which is the leading provider of social
security services in Tanzania is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified,
dynamic and motivated Tanzanians to immediately fill vacant positions currently
existing in the Fund.
Position: Senior Systems Officer –Middleware Applications (1)
Report to: Principal Core Applications Officer
Responsible for availability, performance, maintenance and security of Middleware
applications (Oracle e-Business Suite, eBiz, Members Identification System) and
UNIX systems (AIX-UX).
Middleware: Oracle e-Business Suite, Members Identification System (MIMS) and
Critical systems applications & webservices
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure availability of the Fund’s middleware systems
2. Ensure optimal performance of the Fund’s middleware systems
3. Ensure the implementation of Middleware and UNIX systems security controls
and their respective operational monitoring according to the Fund’s standard
baselines and industry’s best practices.
4. Ensure availability of Backup, Restore & Recovery operations of the all
5. Provision of maintenance activities of all middleware systems
6. Monitoring and reporting of health of middleware systems
7. Documenting the unit’s operational processes & documentation of
implemented solutions within the unit.
8. Other relevant duties as will be assigned by the supervisor
Job Qualifications and Skills
a) Qualifications and Experience
· A bachelor degree in Computer science or related discipline
· At least three (3) years of experience in multidisciplinary IT environment.
· The following ICT certifications are requirements (Oracle Database 11g
OCA, Oracle eBiz System Administrator, ITIL)
· The following ICT certifications will be an added advantage (IS27001,
OCA, OCP, Oracle eBiz System Administrator Certified Expert)
b) Skills and Competencies
· A person of high integrity
· Great analytical and problem solving skills
· Experienced in Oracle eBiz systems (Implementation and deployment of
· Experienced in Linux and UNIX operating systems
· Knowledgeable in Oracle DBMS
· Basic knowledge in computer networks
· Good communication skills
· Good leadership skills and great team player
Applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of
relevant certificates, contact address including telephone numbers, email address
and names and addresses of three referees to be addressed to the undersigned.19
Please take note of the following;
Applications without latest CVs will not be considered;
Director, Human Resources and Administration
National Social Security Fund,
P.O. Box 1322,
DAR ES SALAAM
The closing date for submission will be on 15th December, 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.