Kahama shinyanga water supply and sanitation authority (KASHWASA) wishes to recruit competent Tanzania’s to fill the fallowing vacant post.
Position: Water Labaoratory Technician II - 1 post
Reporting to: water production engineer
Duty station: Ihelele, Misungwi district
Qualification and Experience
- holder of Diploma in Water laboratory from a recognized technical college.
- In service employees must possess the above qualifications and have at least 4 years working experience and a good track working record.
Duties And Responsibilities:
i. Sampling and testing raw water in order to establish qualities and chemical required for treatment.
ii. Taking water same sample at different location of the water source as required.
iii. Writing regular report on water quality analysis,
iv. Monitoring water quality and insuring compliance with the compliance with the prescribed WHO and Tanzania Standard of drinking water.
v. Maintaining record on the condition of raw and treated water.
vi. Assessing chlorine residual in the transmission network and taking appropriate actions.
vii. Tracking and monitoring in the transmission network and treatment water plant and post-chlorination centers.
viii. Perfuming any other duties as may be assigned by the production engineer.
AGE LIMIT: Not above 45 years for all posts.
This post carries attractive remuneration and fringe benefits according to the authority’s scheme of service.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
Performance basis upon successful completion of a one year probation period.
• Higher level of integrity, honest and sense of responsibility
• Team player with the ability to work independently.
• Self-motivated, able to remain calm under pressure.
• Committed to deliver work of a high standard.
Mode Of Application:
Prospective candidates are invited to submit application in their own handwriting together with copies of their certificate, a fully typed curriculum vitae with email address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers , copies of relevant certificate/ testimonials/ transcripts and address of at least two professional referees to the fallowing:-
Kahama shinyanga water supply and sanitation authority,
• All education / professional certificate must be from accredited institutions which are recognized by the Tanzania commission for university (TCU) the nation council for technical education (NACTE)S The national examinations council of Tanzania or other relevant bodies.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• The authority’s employment police is not gender biased. Hence, all prospective applicants are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 15 November 2014
Source: Daily News, 26 November 2014