Position: Cash Manager
Company: National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
Report: Head Trade and Cash
Location: Head Office Dar es Salaam
Job level: AVP
This is a specialist cash management role involving creating strategy around customers' payments and collections, putting in place plans to meet the required strategic objectives and managing the team to achieve the objectives for cash management.
- Achieve sales performance target as specified and agreed.
- This will come from percentage of collections and payments business from a corporate customer
- Timely deliver exceptional cash management solutions to customers with the view to keep customers satisfied and doing their transactions with us.
- Update sales pipeline daily as new business opportunities are identified and existing deals are closed.
- Ensure uninterrupted sales of cash management products to all corporate clients.
- Oversee the activities of the cash management team to ensure effective delivery of NBC Corporate Banking cash Management solutions.
- Establish standing procedures for the operations of the cash management team, and report back to your line manager any deviations with the view to correct them and or take necessary correction actions.
- Review and update the department's organization structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer
- Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution. .
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
- Participate in the measurement and reporting of internal and external Service Level Agreements on a monthly basis.
- Address any process failures specific to the department under management.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that have been designed for the area are understood by all members of the team. .
- For audit findings that have an impact on the area, work with the Head of Trade and Cash to understand what actions are required to close out findings. Implement required actions
- Banking Procedures
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Communications skills
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- Networking skills
- Negotiating skills
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, Economic and or degree in banking
- Must have cash management hands on experience of at least 4 years.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Corporate Banking
Attractive salary including performance based bonus on achieving targets and overall business performance.
How To Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV's, copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to;
Human Resources Business Partner (Compliance Department)
National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
7th Floor, NBC House
P,O. Box 1863
Dar es Salaam
Fax no: +255222113749
If you are not contacted by NBC within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please send all applications before 12th, January 2015