Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) is a fast growing Non-Bank Financial Institution established under the Banking and Financial Institution Act (1991). The Institution has five Branches, two in Dar es Salaam and one each in Arusha, Dodoma and Mwanza.
The Institution also operates Sub -Branch activities at the Julius Nyerere International Airport, Nyerere Memorial Academy in Kigamboni, Dar es Salaam as well as a service outlet in Bunda, Mara Region. The Institution is in the process of managing changes by re-engineering its organizational structure, introducing new products and reinforcing efficiency and professionalism in its operations. The bank has recently migrated to a state-of-the art banking software with the aim of improving it services and product offering.
In order to effect the envisaged changes, the Institution invites suitable applicants to fill the following posts:
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Three (3) renewable Terms subject to performance
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND PLANNING
APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Board of Directors
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Holder of a Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration,
Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent from a recognized Institution with Professional Accounting Certification i.e. CPA (T) or ACCA or ICMA from recognized professional
Institutions with not less than 5 years relevant working experience in Accounting & Finance in Banking, 4 of which should be at Senior Managerial level. Must have been registered by NBAA as authorized/certified Public Accountant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Heading the Finance and Planning Directorate.
- Oversee the External Audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements.
- Consolidate the TBCL's Financial Budget and Cash Flow projections.
- Ensure TBCL compliance with all the Financial reporting requirements
- Consolidate the Institution's projected Financial Statements
- Preparation of detailed monthly and quarterly Financial
- Statements and sources and application of funds statements.
- Custodianship and controller of the TBCL funds and physical resources.
- Ensuring that accurate and comprehensive information pertaining to finance is promptly compiled and submitted as required by superiors.
- Maintaining and controlling expenditure within the Approved Budget.
- Develop and oversee the Internal Review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with in the provincial and field offices and ensure effective follow up processes are in place.
- Maintaining an up to date Bank's assets register.
- Ensure the maintenance of all records pertaining to the
- TBCL's accounts to facilitate the auditing of TBCL books by the Internal Auditors, External Auditors, and other relevant regulatory authorities.
- To ensure timely payment of Creditors, Salaries and Statutory obligations and maintaining books of accounts on the basis of accounting principles
- Appraise staff performance in Finance, and Planning Directorate
- Keep the Chief Executive Officer well informed about all
- Financial and Accounting matters.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applications should include the following:
- Typed letter of application hand-signed by the applicant
- Detailed CV
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant
- Name of at least two referees with complete contact details including office and residential address, postal address, fax number, telephone/ mobile telephone numbers and e-mail address and nature of relationship
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
P.O. Box 10119
Dar es Salaam.
Twiga House, Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam
2nd Floor, CEO's Office.
Applications should reach the Chief Executive Officer on or before 6.00pm on 6th February 2015.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.