Sokoine University Graduate Entrepreneurs Cooperative (SUGECO) is an organization that guides graduates from institutions of higher learning towards self-employment, agribusiness development and job creation. It was started in July of 2011 with 40 founding members, primarily undergraduate finalists, post-graduate students, and academic members from Sokoine University of Agriculture's (SUA)
Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness (DAEA).
SUGECO's mission is to prepare, enable, and support knowledge-intensive, innovative entrepreneurs as they build successful businesses along agricultural and agribusiness value chains throughout Tanzania. Its vision is to create future generations of successful businesspersons who transform our culture to value entrepreneurship and help to create vibrant private economy.
The Finance and Administration Officer shall be accountable to the Executive Director and is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. She/he will assist the
Executive Director to manage the team of people in SUGECO and oversee financial. management, staff relations, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
The Finance and Administration
- Officer will ensure long term sustainability of the organization and support the growth of members projects, including the following activities as well as any other duties relevant to finance and administration as may be assigned to her/him from time to time by the Executive Director
- Prepare and maintain financial forecasts in consultation with the Executive Director and team leaders (including the annual budget and the medium-term business plan)
- Manage relationships with members and support the Executive Director in designing and implementing appropriate financing tools for SUGECO and its members
- Coordinate all administrative and programmatic activities of the organization
- With support from other team members, design appropriate financial due diligence procedures for members projects and perform financial assessment of these projects
- Provide support in managing the grants that SUGECO may receive according to the procedures agreed upon with the sponsors
- Maintain financial, systems including petty cash, expenses, Income and expenditure records, and, processing all payments as per SUGECO procedures.
- With support from the team, ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and, upgrading existing procedures, ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external clients
- With support from the team, ensure high quality accounting (including overseeing day-to-day accounting and managing the year-end audit process)
- Document SUGECO activities for reporting and organize and prepare audit and financial reports
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support .
- SUGECO activities and that all bank transactions conform with the agreed procedures and are appropriately documented
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for all bank accounts
- Prepare reports to the Executive Director for onward transmission the Board of Directors, donor organizations and others as appropriate.
- In consultation with Executive Director, oversee travel arrangements monitor travel expenditures, and ensure compliance with internal policies, donors and development partners requirements
- Managing the administrative aspects of human resource management
Qualifications and Background
- Master or Bachelor in accounting; economics, agribusiness, entrepreneurship, business administration, or development
- In-depth knowledge of the Tanzanian economy and business environment in the sectors targeted by SUGECO
- At least 2 years of experience in managing organizational accounts and general administration, including human resources Entrepreneurial spirit and sensitivity to member needs.
- Strong financial management skills and Excellent Excel skills
- Fluent English with excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- At ease in working in a small structure, start-up-type, where tasks and responsibilities are in constant movement
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application including a cover .letter demonstrating why you are the most suited for this role, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, Details of current & expected salary, a day time phone contact, Email address and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 24th January 2015
Sokoine University Graduate Entrepreneurs Cooperative (SUGECO)
P.o Box 3223
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted