Position: Manager Trade Finance
Company: National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
Reporting: Head Trade and Cash
Dar es Salaam
Job level: AVP
The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and existing customers where they are expected to increase "wallet share" to manage and sustain a portfolio of Corporate & Investment Banking
Main account abilities and approximate time split Contribute towards the business growth and the achievement of sales targets 60%
- Ensure you grow the client trade finance business by engaging the bankers in analysing, and selling the best alternative trade finance mix.
- Formulate trade finance strategy to increase wallet share of the clients. Engage the relationship team in determining the best solutions to retain existing clients and acquire new clients.
- Create the suitable structure for the best trade finance products, including end to end process flow between front office and back office functions.
- Negotiate the best price with the view to maximize potential income from trade finance deals.
- Ensure that at all times you take a view of the big picture in determining prices for clients against the cost of the solution/product.
- Independently receive, solve and recommend practical solutions on Technical trade finance queries for NBC Itd valued customers
- Manage communication within the targeted portfolio on NBC Correspondent bank network, tariffs and operational process and procedure.
- Liaise with business bankers and the Foreign Trade
- Service to deliver seamless after sale service for Trade Finance transactions.
- Actively disseminate NBC Itd Trade Finance Capabilities through business interaction (clients and staff), formal internal/external presentations demonstrating the banks abilities in facilitating trade.
- Manage NBC Itd correspondent banking relationships at a transactional level, route and refer business to preferred correspondents, monitor and generate reports on trade volumes between approved correspondents.
- Ensure trade finance quarterly, semi-annually and annual reviews are conducted on time.
- Ensure to circulate information on regulatory changes by government authorities agencies, Central Bank of Tanzania and Group With regards to trade finance or effect on any products offering to the Corporate banking Management.
- Report and alert relationship management and trade product team on outstanding liability positions, sales volumes and sales revenues for top corporate banking customers.
- Manage the coordination, establishment, cancellation and customer advices of letter of credit transaction for the top 50 value trade customer base
- Key driver for monthly financial performance team meetings.
- Oversee the set target per product. Responsibility over pricing, positioning, service, process and growth.
- Monitor year on year growth amongst top trade customers, through product cross-sell, increased through-put and new leads.
- Reconciliation and corrective action responsibility for accounting of portfolio clients, bench marking closed pipeline deals/transactions against NBC trade reporting to ensure no income leakage.
- Coordinate end to end collating and analyzing customer information on Trade Finance performance on a monthly basis by customer and relationship manager. Flag customer accounts showing reduced volumes and initiating remedial action through prescribed action plans.
- Monitor, analyse and circulate income/performance reports for specially priced customers Visa Vis volume thresholds established by the Head Trade and Cash & Head , Corporate Banking.
- Conduct monthly review of all Trade Finance clients on an ongoing basis to address and provide solutions in instances where reduced volumes are witnessed.
- Monitoring and reporting income earned on non customer relationships
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that have been designed for the area are understood by all members of the team.
- During scheduled audits and management assurance reviews, ensure that all information required by the auditors are provided timeously.
- Complete required compliance and SOX attestations.
- Log all Risk and Loss events as a result of error or fraud highlighted in the department. Ensure that the issues are thoroughly investigated and closed or escalated as per policy.
- Ensure that the CIB team understands all compliance requirements and highlight gaps to the the required authority
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Obtain a thorough understanding .of the business unit's strategy and explain it to coverage team members in such a way that they understand the contribution they have to make. .
- Conduct basic statistical analysis to track performance variances and determine the root causes of errors. Make recommendations for productivity or process enhancements to process owners.
- Implement productivity improvement measures by coaching staff on any new processes or on their areas for improvement.
- Participate in the measurement and reporting of internal and external Service Level Agreements on a monthly basis.
- Address any process failures specific to the role at hand
- Enhance relationship with coverage team for business opportunities and growth
- Determine and analyze development needs for the coverage team and ensure that identified training requirements are executed.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the role
- Motivate to and obtain approval from the Head of Trade & Cash for any additional headcount for the team.
- Motivate coverage team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, Economic and or degree in banking.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Corporate Banking
- Should be conversant with all NBC LTD Products
- Flex cube knowledge is essential
- 3- 4 years general banking experience, with particular focus on Corporate Banking.
- Must have trade finance hands on experience of at least 2 years.
- Communication skills - verbal & Writing
- Analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Networking skills
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Negotiating skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Banking Procedures
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Honest, confident with high integrity
Attractive salary including performance based bonus on achieving targets and overall business performance
How To Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV's, copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to;
Human Resources Business Partner (Compliance Department)
National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
7th Floor, NBC House
P,O. Box 1863
Dar es Salaam
Fax no: +255222113749
If you are not contacted by NBC within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please send all applications before 12th, January 2015