Sokoine University Graduate Entrepreneurs Cooperative (SUGECO) is an organization that guides graduates from institutions of higher learning towards self-employment, agribusiness development and job creation. It was started in July of 2011 with 40 founding members, primarily undergraduate finalists, post-graduate students, and academic members from Sokoine University of Agriculture's (SUA)
Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness (DAEA).
SUGECO's mission is to prepare, enable, and support knowledge-intensive, innovative entrepreneurs as they build successful businesses along agricultural and agribusiness value chains throughout Tanzania. Its vision is to create future generations of successful businesspersons who transform our culture to value entrepreneurship and help to create vibrant private economy.
Reporting to Executive Director Project Development and Consulting Unit Coordinator shall provide administrative and basic analytical support on SUGECO projects and consulting programmes. He/she will coordinate information flow and reporting, create and maintain documentation, maintain and update databases; produce marketing materials, track project calls for bidding, monitor project activities and ensure on time submission and liaise with project staff and internal/external contacts.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop a strategic program to brand SUGECO consulting unit
- Coordinate the planning, bidding, implementation and review of SUGECO projects in accordance with planned outcomes
- Work closely with the SUGECO technical committees to ensure that the project responds effectively to emerging needs and implements programmatic activities, such as business incubation, to ensure maximum impact
- Prepare project proposals and develop project plans, including schedules and budgets
- Ensure the timely compilation of project reporting, including submission of the monthly reports to the Executive Director
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate project development activities according to customer and organization requirements
- Work closely with Executive Director to negotiate contractual terms and agreements with donors and clients
- Identify and respond to calls for proposal/expressions of interest to execute projects
- Develop presentations as needed for current and potential clients and donors
- Interact with customers and donor organizations to build positive working relationships and clearly understand their needs and expectations
Qualifications and Background
- Master or Bachelor degree in project management, marketing, ,economics, agribusiness, entrepreneurship, business administration, or development studies.
- In-depth knowledge of the Tanzanian economy and business environment in the sectors targeted by SUGECO
- At least 2 years of experience in managing/developing organizational projects
- At least 2 years of experience developing and writing project proposals, including bidding for consultancies
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sensitivity to organization needs.
- Fluent English with excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Good organizational and marketing skills
- At ease in working in a small structure, start-up-type, where tasks and responsibilities are in constant movement
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
- Pro-active and solutions oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Graduate Entrepreneurs Cooperative
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application including a cover .letter demonstrating why you are the most suited for this role, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, Details of current & expected salary, a day time phone contact, Email address and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 24th January 2015
Sokoine University Graduate Entrepreneurs Cooperative (SUGECO)
P.o Box 3223
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted