Acacia Mining seeks to appoint a dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Stakeholders Engagement & Communications Officer for its Buzwagi Gold Mine. Below are the details for the openings
Reporting Line: Stakeholders Engagement and Communication Section Leader
Rotational Status: 6 weeks on - 3 weeks off
location: Buzwagi Gold Mine; Kahama District; Shinyanga Region
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with Stakeholders Engagement and Communication Section leader in development and implementation of communication strategy for employees and stakeholders outlining goals, key audience, objectives, recommended media, timelines, expected results and metric for success in order to maintain the interest and engagement of both parties
- Provide support in Developing community relations and public relations communication plan that comprehensively covers all major national and community relations activities in the calendar year.
- Support proper planning and execution of stakeholders engagement calendar
- Take part in Identifying and mitigating inhibitors to employees and stakeholders engagement and ensure continuous development and improvement
- Manage all elements of visual communication around the site including maintenance of notice-boards and the screen
- Work closely with community relations department to explore the most appropriate method to cascade Buzwagi community development projects to ensure the site. is able to effectively communicate the value of its contribution to development in its host communities
- Produce Publications, including an internal and external newsletter, for the intranet, and other Acacia publications
- Provide Support in any other communication and stakeholders engagement initiatives and events as required
- Undertake other related tasks as directed by Stakeholders engagement and communication Section Leader
- Bachelor Degree in Mass communication; Journalism; Public Relations or related discipline from an accredited Institution.
- 3-5 Years experience in communication or journalism.
- Trade test grade one in Mechanical or Electrical disciplines from an accredited Institution
- Experience working in multicultural environment is desirable
- Experience in dealing with, the media and knowledge of local media landscape
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential, as well as a critical eye for editing and grammar
- Experience in managing websites and using social media tools in a professional context
- Photography, graphic design and short video production skills preferred
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in a timely manner
These position will attract a competitive salary package which will include excellent benefits
How To Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail through to email@example.com
Acacia Mining has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by Acacia Mining within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking
African Barrick Gold is an Equal opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Please forward your applications before 23rd January 2015
Details Source: Daily News, 16th January 2015