COSTECH seeks to recruit candidates for the following vacant posts which are required to be filled as soon as possible
Position: Accountant II
Reports to the Chief Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To maintain donor funded project accounts and report preparation;
- To participate in ensuring that all accounting documents are properly filed;
- To oversee the preparation of invoices from bills
- Prepare revenue accounts, schedules and reconciliation;
- To participate in checking and verifying prepared monthly pay slips for each employee, and keeping records and pay-roll registers
- To do remittance of net salaries to the employees respective banks or preparations of authorized lists for those employees to be paid in cash
- To maintain the employees ledger for staff advances, staff loans and staff imprests
- Follow up on outstanding amounts
- Maintain registers for debtors and creditors accurately and up-to-date
- Ensure that acknowledgement of receipts and prompt banking of all cash/cheques coring into the Commission is done on time
- To assist in performing pre-Audit of all expenditures and properly allocate to respective accounts
- To participate in budget preparation and control
- To handle correspondences and queries on accounting matters; and
- Performs any other duties as assigned by superior.
- Holder of CPA and Bachelor degree in Accounting or its equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions, registered in Graduate Accountant (GA) category. Must be computer literate, and fluent in Swahili and English ..
- Must have proven experience of donor funded project accounting.
Salary Scale: COSS 8
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates for these positions must submit the following for consideration of the applications:-
Application letter, briefing stating why the candidate qualifies, for the position.
A current resume or a curriculum vitae that provides clearly the applicant's work/experience and other relevant information for the job.
Academic and professional certificates and awards.
Names of three referees.
Applicants are requested to indicate their telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for easy contact.
All applications must be addressed to the undersigned and must reach him within two weeks time after the first appearance of this advertisement in the newspaper.
Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology,
P.0 Box 4302,
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline: 29 Jun 2015
Details Source: Daily News, 15th June 2015
Tanzania Employment - Jobs and Employement - Jobs in Tanzania - Tanzania Jobs
NOTE TO EMPLOYERS:
Jobstanzania helps job seekers and employers to connect; we have free job advertising for employers where employers just post a job for free and reach thousands of jobs seekers who visits our websites daily. What are you waiting post jobs for free on Jobstanzania Now