The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare through National TB and Leprosy Control Programme has received funds from CDC from CDC PEPFAR TO strengthen TB/HIV collaborative activities.
The Ministry intends to use part of this funds to recruit competent Tanzanians on contract basis for a period of one year with a possibility of one year with a possibility for renewal.
The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare is seeking candidates for the following posts:-
Position: Assistant Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily payment processing (vouching) and drawing cheques.
- Maintenance of financial records into a comprehensive accounting database system.
- Facilitate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial report.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Reconcile regional an district advances
- Maintain staff advance/imprest ledger and reconcile and report
- outstanding retirements weekly.
- Oversee preparation of payroll and ensure statutory deductions are
- properly and timely remitted
- Keep VAT and withholding Tax register and ensure appropriate
- returns are filed as required by tax law
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program the Accountant.
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accountancy from a recognized institution.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Computer applications.
- At least 3 years experience in Development Partners supported projects.
- Experience in using any accounting software is added advantage.
- Good command in English.
How To Apply:
All applications enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should be addressed to under mentioned address
Ministry of Health and Social Welfare ,
6 Samora Machel Avenue ,11478
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Attn: Programme Manager
National TB and Leprosy Programme
Source: The Guardian, 9th June 2015