The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare through National TB and Leprosy Control Programme has received funds from CDC from CDC PEPFAR TO strengthen TB/HIV collaborative activities.
The Ministry intends to use part of this funds to recruit competent Tanzanians on contract basis for a period of one year with a possibility of one year with a possibility for renewal .
The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare is seeking candidates for the following posts:-
Position: Assistant Data Manager/Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Supervise the recording and reporting of TB, TB/HIV and leprosy data from health facilities, other government institutions and implementing partners
- Compile and validate the quality of TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy data
- Analyse data and trends and develop summary reports on TB, TB/
- HIV and Leprosy control activities in accordance with programme indicators.
- Develop and update data recording and reporting tools for TB on TB/ HIV and Leprosy
- Conduct regular supportive supervisions and Data Quality
- Assessment to on TB, TB/HIV and Leprosy to districts and health facilities.
- Develop summary reports of TB on TB/HIV control activities.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in training of health workers in monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Any other duties CIS assigned by the Programme Manager.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Statistics or Mathematics from recognized institution.
- A certificate or diploma in data management.
- A good knowledge of statistical software package (Excel, Epi data, SPSS, STATA).
- A certificate or diploma in Microsoft office computer applications.
- At least 2 years experience in data management.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good command in English both in speaking and writing.
- Not more than 45 years of age.
How To Apply:
All applications enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae should be addressed to under mentioned address
Ministry of Health and Social Welfare ,
6 Samora Machel Avenue ,11478
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Attn: Programme Manager
National TB and Leprosy Programme
Source: The Guardian, 9th June 2015