AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation (World Bank), KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest, ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
As one of the fastest-growing banks in Tanzania, we are offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our dynamic expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team of AccessBank Tanzania at our Head Office in Dar es Salaam.
POSITION: HEAD OF FINANCE
Financial resource management
- Oversee all aspects of financial resource management.
- Ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information, systems and reports;
- Oversee the management of ABT’s assets and liabilities.
- Manage the bank’s short-term and long-term liquidity planning including stress testing of loan and deposit balances plus oversee the placements of liquidity reserves.
- Liaise with the international finance community in order to tap commercial sources of funding.
- Develop and implement strict procedures for financial control, including reporting on the reconciliation of accounts
- In close collaboration with the CEO, collect all necessary information from individual Heads of Department in order to prepare an annual budget for approval by the Management Team and the bank’s Board of Directors.
- Same exercise to prepare long term business plans when necessary.
- Oversee the application of proper accounting standards, internal controls and strategic planning.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the Central Bank and other governmental entities, including tax authorities, as well as with internal norms.
Internal and external reporting
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis and submit it to the Management Team in a timely manner;
- Ensure proper and timely reporting to ABT’s stakeholders and funders;
- Oversee all of ABT’s reporting activities to the Central bank and to the TRA in time and quality;
- Supervise the internal and external audit programmes and be responsible for consolidated financial statements
- Organize, co-ordinate and support central bank inspections.
Organizational development (Finance)
- Keep improving ABT’s Finance Department with a view to implement clearly separated accounting, treasury and finance functions.
- Structure and develop with the CEO the independent Financial Control department.
- Develop and refine all policies and procedures relevant to accounting and finance;
- Depending on the unit’s needs, recruit accounting and finance professionals to support a highly motivated and dedicated team.
- Implement and manage systems and procedures that allow for an effective risk control within ABT’s Finance Department.
- Elaborate a needs-based training programme for all staff in ABT’s Finance Department.
- Organise regular (at least annual) appraisal interviews with each member of the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in management/accounting/finance;
- Holder of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Excellent Excel and IT skills; familiarity with implementing and working with complex integrated management information, accounting systems and complex excel reporting tools;
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting and financial management, preferably in the microfinance or banking sectors, including 3 years in management positions;
- Good knowledge of the Tanzanian legal system and tax regulations as well as the norms established by the Central Bank;
- Fluent in English and Swahili;
- Rigorous, very high attention to detail, analytical, with sound managerial and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching, and mentoring skills.
How To Apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter by email to email@example.com
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT,
P.O BOX 95068,
DAR ES SALAAM.
DO NOT send CV more than once.
Deadline for submission is 5th July, 2015.