Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER - 1 Post
To implement approved HR policies and procedures, provide efficient and effective welfare
services to members of staff and their dependents, so as to maintain high levels of morale
and productivity and maintain harmonious industrial relations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Keeps track record and advises HRM on development and changes in Labour Laws, best industrial practices and any other statutory requirements that impact on the business
- Advising on pay. and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions.
- Advises payroll administrator on contributions and recoveries regarding medical scheme, pension funds.
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- University Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration,
- Social Sciences or any other related field from an accredited institution.
- Professional: In relevant field e.g. Human Resource, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology.
- 3 - 5 year's working experience in HR. Exposure to recruitment and resourcing best practice (interviews, assessment centers, attraction, and process improvement) is essential.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Knowledge of SAP HR Database Management will be an added advantage.
How To Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by 25th June, 2015 to;
Human Resources Manager,
Mwananchi Communications Ltd,
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
Details Source: Mwananchi,12th June 2015
You may also see Vacancies from - Tanzania Revenue Authority