The People's Bank of Zanzibar limited (PBZ) was established in June 30, 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree.
The primary function was to carry on the business of commercial banking activities in all of its branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic banking services in eight branches in Zanzibar and two branches in Tanzania Mainland, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related commercial banking.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services therefore automatically demand the human capital with suitable skills and qualification to fill the following vacant post
POSITION: LEGAL OFFICER (Unguja)
Successful candidates will be responsible to achieve the Bank targets on all services and deliver the corporate relationship services as per procedure in order to enhance the profit of the Bank.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare legal contracts between the Bank and other parties.
- Verify correctness of information in loan agreements, securities and other legal documents before submission to Management.
- Assist in organizing Board of Directors
- Management and other meetings according to the bank's procedures.
- To appear before the court on behalf of the Bank
University graduate preferably in Laws, majoring in Company and Commercial laws.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to interpret legal and statutory documents.
- Practicing Advocate
- Computer literacy and applications in windows and other packages.
- Age should not be above 35 years.
- Experience of at least 2 years in the legal field:
- Computer literacy and applications in windows, and other packages.
- Interpersonal skills to create and maintain relevant business networks .
- Knowledge and- effective application of 'PBZ' policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance - standards
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Three years contract (Renewable)
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications enclosed with CVs, Photocopies of certificates,
Testimonials, Name and address of two referees should be addressed to
The Managing Director
The People's Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
P.O. BOX 1173
All applications should be received not later than 25th June 2015
Details Source: Daily News, 11th June 2015
You may also see Vacancies from - Tanzania Revenue Authority