The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) is a company limited by guarantee. The role of the DSE in the economy is to facilitate mobilization of financial resources and direct them into productive sectors of the economy through the provision of an efficient securities trading, settlement, depository and registry platform. The DSE has three market segments: the Main Investment Market, the Enterprise Growth Market and Bonds Market. Currently, DSE has a total of 24 listed securities as well as government bonds. Its equity market capitalization is TZS 24 trillion, listed bonds worth TZS 4 trillion, average equity trading of TZS 500 billion and bonds trading of TZS 400 billion per annum.
In order to enhance its listing, trading and security and risk management activities, DSE is looking for three excellent candidates to fill the following positions:
Senior Officer: Listing Sales and Marketing (Main Investment Market)
- A holder of University degree in finance, economics, commerce or marketing with at least three years of experience at the same level in the Financial Markets PLUS a postgraduate degree in finance, economics, commerce or marketing.
- Position holder will be responsible for listings sales and marketing of DSE for both equity and debt instruments in the DSE’s Main Investment Market segment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market surveys and analysis to identify potential companies for listing
- Prepare periodic recommendation reports to management for appropriate decision making in relation to potential companies for listing on the DSE
- Develop sales and marketing plans aiming at encouraging more listings into the DSE
- Actively engage in all activities involved in widening the database of prospective issuers for Main Investment Market
- Maintain an up-to-date database of companies with potential for listing into the DSE and their future plans
- Handle enquiries by potential issuers of equity and bonds instruments
- Undertake and review market studies in liaison with other DSE stakeholders in order to identify existing gaps that hinders listings on the DSE
- Advise management on appropriate policies aiming at improving the number and quality of listings at the DSE’s Main Investment Market
- Prepare and produce timely short, medium and long term listings market plans, as well as monitoring and evaluation tool for the same
- Supervise all advertising campaigns and promotional activities undertaken with the objective of encouraging more listings on the DSE’s Main Investment Market
- Contribute and participate in DSE periodic and other publications.
- Handle enquiries on research data or market statistics from both the DSE and other stakeholders, particularly those pertaining to listings in the Main Investment Market segment of the DSE.
- Constantly engage with existing and potential listings, Licensed Dealing Members and Financial/Investment Advisers for capacity building and market development initiatives
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Successful Candidates will be offered a good package based on the DSE’s salary scale and incentives.
How To Apply:
Applications should be accompanied with full detailed Curriculum Vitae, Photocopies of Certificates and Letters from three referees in sealed envelopes.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 19th June 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Tower
P.O Box 70081
Dar es Salaam.